PDA

View Full Version : Pudd 5 species on the fly

VIVID_FLY
11-03-2011, 09:38 PM
Headed to the Pudd today as usual. Fished a red midge pattern #18. First 2 fish caught were silversides (small smelt looking fished). Later caught the usual red ear and blue gill . Then LOTS of small CRAPPIE. And lots of small (LMB)

all released and unharmed. most catches when stripping are lippers...

GREAT DAY .... again at the PUDD

Cant wait for TROUT STOCKS

vortec_cruiser
11-03-2011, 10:20 PM
I'm anxious to get out there and try some fly fishing.
Thanks for the report, Chuck.

TUNAVIC
11-03-2011, 10:24 PM
Pretty cool,looking forward to hittin the Puddle myself,been a while,thanks for update.

Natural Lefty
11-04-2011, 02:45 PM
Vividfly, were you fishing from a boat, or some shoreline area? Your fishing doesn't bear any resemblance to the fishing I had the day before at Puddingstone from the high pier. All the fish were farther out in deeper water, although there were some fish biting -- not as many as you caught though.

I didn't know that Puddingstone had silversides. Perris has them too, and they are a freshwater smelt, I believe, which explains why they look like smelt.

VIVID_FLY
11-04-2011, 08:48 PM
I always fish from shore. We got in some nice action on thurday and tuesday on the North shore area. also had some action at sailboat on monday .. We usually site fish for fish close to shore. Most overlook and keep walking we stop and send out the fly to see if any followers. Or we just blind cast and strip til hook up. Last week we were getting some crappie on the high pier.

old pudd fisher
11-04-2011, 09:00 PM
Long time no see Chuck and thanks for the report., glad the pudd is free weekdays now...See ya there.

Natural Lefty
11-05-2011, 11:48 AM
Well, good job Vividfly. You clearly know Puddingstone better than I do. I wish I would have had that sort of action on artificials. Maybe the fish were closer to shore at the north shore or sailboat cove. I did try everywhere from like 10 feet from shore (only a foot or two deep) to out where I caught the fish, and there were very few fish in closer at the high pier when I was there. Perhaps it's because the dropoff is more gradual there so it's fairly shallow. People were telling me that they caught Crappies there last week though.

Dmax
11-05-2011, 11:55 AM
Last saturday was awesome on the north shore. Everything was bigger than your hand. All on waxworms. I went back on monday to the same spot and not a bite. Good times though.