PDA

View Full Version : Hey lady anglers!

TheMightyGerbil
11-03-2011, 02:33 PM
All right I know I'm not the only freshwater female angler on these forums. :p Where are you gals? Speak up! Do you think there would be merit in starting a SoCal 'fisherwoman' group or club? We can even put a 'no cootieboys 2 be allowed plz' sign on our fort ;) I kid, I kid. But seriously, there could be some group trips to the lakes, boat shares, bbqs on the shore, maybe even an overnight women-only campout during summer at Irvine. Just some carefree fun stuff like that. Maybe we can rent a pontoon at the Vine and pack it with fine fishin' ladies, find the poster itsagooddaytofish on the water and pull up in our boat to wave and show him our catches. ;p Females of any age welcome too but no menfolk! Whatcha think girls? We could call ourselves...The SoCal Fitches? =p Or Broads with Rods...wait that sounds wrong on multiple levels....

TheAsianGuy
11-03-2011, 02:50 PM
My wife will love to do that! Sign me up..err..my wife up!

Sublime-Steve
11-03-2011, 07:54 PM
lol hell yea.. do it! I like getting out fished by women :-)

TheMightyGerbil
11-04-2011, 08:54 AM
*tumbleweed rolls by* Come on now, I know you're out there...

TheAsianGuy
11-04-2011, 09:10 AM
I've talked to my wife, and she would love to have such a fun thing for the ladies only. Same go with my coworker. The girls can have their pajama fishing weekends while us guys sit at home and stare at our rods, imagine on the next outing.

plumbertom
11-04-2011, 09:27 AM
I've always been more partial to co-ed fishing.
Don't know why, seems like every time I get a woman on my boat it ends up being a b!+ch fest.
No matter how I try to put us on the fish it's my fault if the bite don't develop.
Or I shouldn't go so far from the restrooms if I didn't want to have to take them back.
Or I should move the boat so the bimini makes shade where they are sitting,even though it just shifted with the change of wind direction.
Or any one of another dozen gripes as long it keeps me from enjoying the outing.
Yep, I love taking women fishing.

TheMightyGerbil
11-04-2011, 02:49 PM
Facebook Group (http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/BunchaFitches/)

Clearly you haven't fished with me, Plumber. But men don't 'take' me fishing, I take myself fishing and they just happen to tag along or run into me on the shore. ;p Ironically it's my husband that voices the complaints you listed; I haven't brought him with me in years. B-p

EndlessSeason
11-04-2011, 03:01 PM
I got fishing shirts for the ladies....but I just cant find any that like to fish.

smokehound
11-04-2011, 03:10 PM
Yeah, uh. Hi fishing ladies. ;)

TheMightyGerbil
11-04-2011, 05:18 PM
Ahem, I'm a lady and I love to fish.

Y'know five years ago I had a guy (who was with a band of friends, all men) observe me on the bait shop porch at Irvine and coolly state that "women can't fish." he didn't say it in a mean tone - more amused than anything else. I heard him, being only several strides away. I set my cooler down in clear view, looked him in the eye and lifted a 7 lb rainbow out of said cooler. His buddies busted out laughing at him. =)

If I can get at least ten members in this little club I'll have to have shirts made with our logo. =p

olfishergal
11-04-2011, 05:36 PM
plenty of ladies fishingat Irvine, through FNN/T57. I also belong to a great fishing
ladies only club, we do fresh and salt look us up.
Gold Coast Lady Anglers/Home (http://www.goldcoastladyanglers.com/)

OFG

Korin
11-04-2011, 05:39 PM
Hi There,

I'm in, now you need only 8 more members.

Lady loves to fish,
Korin

TheMightyGerbil
11-04-2011, 05:59 PM
Hi There,

I'm in, now you need only 8 more members.

Lady loves to fish,
Korin

We have four (five counting Korin now) members so far. Hit up the facebook group I made so I can add you. :)