PDA

View Full Version : Casitas October 15th and 29th

Coefficient13
11-03-2011, 11:14 AM
I put in a few Saturdays of relaxed lazy shore fishing. Nothing to brag about, but I might as well report for what little help it may be. 2 fish on the 15th, 3 on the 29th and my first lesson on bad hooksets using too fast action a rod on a Carolina rig when the fish takes the bait sideways :Angry:

4.5 inch robos on the 15th in pockets of stained water casting onto the opposing shore fished with long pauses after 2 foot drags, both shallow in front of reeds. Worm colored with a stripe or other color top.

On the 29th got one on a worm/blue 3 inch worm, one on a green red flake brush hog, one on a robo like the 15th, and lost one on a robo with a jump hook throw. Same pull pause technique, though the one that took the brushhog grabbed on as I started to reel in after a pass at a bush. None of these fish were big, but I'm happy every time I hook up at Casitas. Shrug.

Lots of nervous fish somewhat shallow in clear water, they cared little for my baits, every time I found some stained water in coves I caught a fish or two out of the pocket. These fish bit hard and fast. Too bad I find so little stained water.

Bringing a cooler of beer back this Saturday dawn to dusk. Morning starting on the short beach deep in the creek arm behind the marina or so. Then grinding out for a fish on other side below the day use benches towards the marina. Test out my new hefty Carolina rig rod, see if the deeper water fish a more bite inclined like the stained water guys.

Anyone have any luck off the shore lately?

Have fun