PDA

View Full Version : Corona Lake Trout 11/1 (new member)

CrownTown
11-02-2011, 04:33 PM
Decided to go to corona lake looking to catch some trout. Took my girlfriend, and didn't end up getting to the lake until after 9. Fished for a good hour and a half with no bites using a kastmaster and minijigs. Switched to power bait and still got nothing. The guy next to me said the trout were deep so I decided to put on a half ounce sinker and throw some inflated nightcrawlers as far as I could. Turns out the fish were deep, and the bite was pretty consistent if you could get your bait way out there. Ended up with 6 nice trout between us, (largest was 18") and lost a few others. Left at 4. Probably could have limited out but we were relaxing and usually only had a pole or two out at once.

I was surprised on how good the trout bite was this early in the season. Some of the fish were even active enough to jump a few times as we brought them in. They tasted much better than I was told they would, and most had pink meat. Also, one had a rock in its stomach the size of a grape.

Sorry if the pics are hard to see, they were taken on my phone and I'm not sure exactly how to upload them yet since this is my first post...

BLUE WAGON
11-02-2011, 04:47 PM
welcome to FNN , great first post!! good catch for a late start. shore fishing can be tough at corona,
try a boat and move around the lake, you seem to have the skills to catch'em

mjc89
11-02-2011, 07:29 PM
Welcome to FNN CrownTown. Good job on the fish. If you want to catch trout on jigs or trout worms your better off fishing from a boat or float tube. They always hit powerbait.

DeepInTheWoods
11-02-2011, 10:11 PM
Nice bunch of fish.......and Welcome!!!!

Thisfool
11-02-2011, 10:16 PM
way to go man. looks like you got about a 4lber on that stringer. welcome to the forum

and props on listening to the guy next to you its sad and funny how often the guy next to you wont take advice and will sit not catching while you slay them.

CrownTown
11-02-2011, 10:57 PM
Thanks guys, I can't wait to take my tube out, going to wait until the water cools a bit and the fish are hitting artificials more. Is it still $5 to launch?

Also, I heard stories that trout 10 lbs and up are common later in the season. Hopefully someone can give me some pointers on how to get them too

mjc89
11-02-2011, 11:06 PM
Its still $5 to lauch a tube. Later on in the season they stock a lot of bigger fish so it can be common to catch 10lbs+ trout.

Troutman65
11-02-2011, 11:19 PM
Welcome to FNN . Thanks for your report . Congrts on your trout .:Cool:

Kelster
11-03-2011, 06:23 AM
Welcome aboard and congratulations on the catch. Past couple of weeks NC's has been the ticket. From the tube down at the south end they were biting power worms and power mouse also. Two of the fish I caught had rocks in their guts and one even had a small stick.
Nice to spend come time w/ your GF but when you have a chance take the tube and explore the lake.

phishin phool
11-03-2011, 08:32 PM
I too wanna welcome ya to the board, great first post:Applause:, I hope to see alot more. You'll get alot of good info here from some really good fisher-people. Its always good to see a newbie willing to share and not just lurk:Wink:. As the water cools you wont have to cast as far out, but like Kelster said its way better in a tube:Big Smile:. Nice job out there C-town!

CrownTown
11-03-2011, 10:55 PM
Ha I've been a "lerker" for a while, but decided to start posting to get info from others. I've been seeing some of these guys catch hali's in the surf and huge strippers at Dval and I'd like to be able to get a few pointers. Everyone seems pretty cool on the site, glad I made an account and thanks for all the welcomes.