PDA

View Full Version : When are they stocking Santa Fe Dam with Trout/ catfish?

fisherman44
11-02-2011, 02:49 PM
Im trying to plan a trip to Santa Fe Dam but i want to know when they are stocking trout does any one know?

white belt
11-02-2011, 03:22 PM
DFG started doing the LA Area CP lakes so it's only a matter of time. I'm thinking some time next week. Don't think it'll be any later than that.

Lakerfan160
11-02-2011, 03:46 PM
i hope its soon i hadnt tried fishing for trout in santa fe dam yet. i will maybe thow some roostertails so i can catch some trout or maybe a bass will bite also.

labjet2000
11-02-2011, 05:08 PM
http://www.dfg.ca.gov/fish/hatcheries/fishplanting/SouthCoast.asp

Lakerfan160
11-02-2011, 07:09 PM
http://www.dfg.ca.gov/fish/hatcheries/fishplanting/SouthCoast.asp

nice, maybe santa fe dam will be on the list next week.

fisherman44
11-04-2011, 12:43 PM
ok thanks guys

white belt
11-04-2011, 12:58 PM
Week of 11/6
Los Angeles El Dorado Park lakes (Map It)
Los Angeles Hansen Lake (Map It)
Los Angeles Legg Lake (Map It)

Dang it no SFD or Peck yet! Whoever made that fishing derby thread said they already stocked Hansen this week.

reservoir dog
11-04-2011, 01:07 PM
Week of 11/6
Los Angeles El Dorado Park lakes (Map It)
Los Angeles Hansen Lake (Map It)
Los Angeles Legg Lake (Map It)

Dang it no SFD or Peck yet! Whoever made that fishing derby thread said they already stocked Hansen this week.

That would be ME! Just passing on the info I was told by a fellow angler. It obviously has to be stocked if they're having a derby tomorrow. Probably not the usual stocking by DFG but I'm sure it was stocked for that event...especially if they're charging to get in.

white belt
11-04-2011, 01:54 PM
That would be ME! Just passing on the info I was told by a fellow angler. It obviously has to be stocked if they're having a derby tomorrow. Probably not the usual stocking by DFG but I'm sure it was stocked for that event...especially if they're charging to get in.

Just called and they are stocking catfish today for the derby tomorrow. She said she didn't know if they were stocking trout, and that even if you aren't competing in the derby you have to pay to fish the lake tomorrow.

white belt
11-04-2011, 01:56 PM
And here's more info for the OP:

Catfish planting schedule for the Week of 11/6/2011

County Water
Los Angeles Cerritos Park lake (Map It)
Los Angeles Downey Wilderness Park Lake (Map It)
Los Angeles John A. Ford Park lake (Map It)
Los Angeles La Mirada Lake (Map It)
Los Angeles Peck Road Park lake (Map It)
Los Angeles Puddingstone Reservoir (Map It)
Los Angeles Santa Fe Flood Control Basin (Map It)

Looks like we're getting catfish again!