PDA

View Full Version : 3rd tube adventrue

Ray Lopez
08-16-2007, 04:51 PM
Well today was my company picnic at the Lagoon (boy was I lucky lol)

Well I got there at 6:15am tube in the water by 6:18am right out into paradise cove. I Texas rigged this 10" curly tail that Captain Castaic gave to me yesterday and my first cast right near the dock I get slammed half way back to my tube. This one was big, I'm talking real big. I set the hook and the fight is on, my line is stripping off my reel faster then I have ever seen. I then feel the bass shake it's head underwater and then my hook came out :cry: bummer. Well I cast out again since the worm was still some what in tact after getting slammed by a big ol bassy. 2nd cast in I get slammed again. This one is much smaller. But it takes a nose dive and tangles up in the pipes under the water in paradise cove. I try my best to get him un snagged but eventually my line snapped from rubbing on a rock or the pipe or whatever that dam bass was snagged on.

I lost that 10" curly tail on my 2nd cast with two fish on that worm on my first two casts. :evil: .

Well then I switch over to a Fat Ika flylined and cast out for my third cast towards the dock and get a small hit but could not set the hook on that small bump. Cast out about 25 more time with no love. I switch up and go to a Texas rigged bold bluegill robo 6" and start casting around paradise cove not getting any love now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( . I start moving over to the tree point and then I bump into Jeff said hello but then I had to help set up for the picnic for CSUN. About an hour later we were done so I hop back into the tube and start Fishing the tree point all the way to the northern tip of the lagoon and back without even a single nibble. I was Texas rigging different robo's, then on the way back I used the d/s with my robo's also with no love. Got back to the picnic and ate waaaaaaay too much food. Mingled for a bit and then hopped back into my tube and started to go south down near dock and rip rap. I ended up hooking into a dink half way down the rip rap flylineing a fat Ika. Then I started to drift back to the picnic area just bumping the Ika every once in a while and then half way down the bridge area I hook into another dink. Then one more dink near the dock. Got back to the picnic. Helped then close up shop and then came home.

So I had a good time I just wish I could of landed that first fish, it had to of been a beast. Bigger then anything I have caught b-4. Oh well that's why it's called fishing and not catching I guess.

Sorry no pictures my cell phone is acting strange so I left it in my car :cry: I think I got water in it the first time I went tubing

one_leg
08-16-2007, 05:25 PM
Nice report, RayLo.

Too bad you didn't pull that pig in front of your co-workers.

One_Leg