PDA

View Full Version : Help for the Jetty?

Sir.Snags.A.Lot
11-02-2011, 10:26 AM
I am relatively new to jetty fishing. I am close to Seal Beach so I was told to use a Sabiki to catch smelt and use a live bait rig. I was wondering if there were any lures that were good for Seal Beach Jetty or any other advice. Appreciate the help.

smokehound
11-02-2011, 11:51 AM
I am relatively new to jetty fishing. I am close to Seal Beach so I was told to use a Sabiki to catch smelt and use a live bait rig. I was wondering if there were any lures that were good for Seal Beach Jetty or any other advice. Appreciate the help.4-inch Curly-tail roboworms, 3-inch Big hammer swimbaits, plastic grubs, Lucky craft FlashMinnow 110 SP. Those all work well.

Try the BH sexy smelt, bay smelt, bleeding olive herring.

CraigH
11-02-2011, 12:08 PM
Never fished Seal Beach jetty but I used to fish the Oceanside jetty. If the jetty is rock you may want to fish the sabiki under a bobber to keep it from snagging the rocks.

Sir.Snags.A.Lot
11-02-2011, 06:22 PM
Never fished Seal Beach jetty but I used to fish the Oceanside jetty. If the jetty is rock you may want to fish the sabiki under a bobber to keep it from snagging the rocks.

I know to use the sabiki on the pier for bait fish. I just dont want to have to drag a bucket of live bait if I could avoid it know what I mean? but yeah I wont use sabiki in the actual Jetty