PDA

View Full Version : Lake Gregory 11/1

CraigH
11-02-2011, 07:13 AM
Fished walking aorund the lake with rooster tails from 9:00 to about 2:30 and caught nothing. Stopped at the ball field on the way home and caught 7 trout (3 released)from 3:00 to about 4:30.

Kelster
11-02-2011, 09:23 AM
Thanks for the info. How are the weeds at the ball field? I was up there early September and the water was low, still that way?

TheAsianGuy
11-02-2011, 11:54 AM
Thanks for the report. Looks like the stockers are migrating again. Must be the abundant of young weeds that attract the bait fishes, which tend to draw the big boys. Which of the rooster tail colors did you use? Last season, the green tail with red body was the ticket. Not sure about this season.

CraigH
11-02-2011, 11:55 AM
I didn't fish Gregory until mid October, and the water level has been about the same since then. Don't know if that's up since September, but I wouldn't consider it low looking at the trails around the lake. I probably walked and fished 1/4 of the lake in the morning, and in some places the trail was only 4 or 5 feet from the water.

It seems like the weeds are starting to die off. I fished lures all day and snagged weeds several times, but didn't lose any lures. Each time it was easy to pull on the line and break the weeds free (fished 6 lb test for this reason). Probably had some "salad" on the rooster tail one out of every 3 or 4 casts at the ball field. Also fished a trout magnet about 4 feet under a bobber and it didn't snag.

CraigH
11-02-2011, 12:01 PM
TheAsianGuy,

We were posting at the same time so I didn't see your post until after my answer. It was windy, a little overcast, and late in the day and I used black with a black tail.

TheAsianGuy
11-02-2011, 12:03 PM
Thanks. Look like they're shifting gear to feed on bug victims from the local areas. Great to know. Time to make more flies.