PDA

View Full Version : mohave narrows(nov 1)

TurtleSlayer
11-02-2011, 12:40 AM
decided to go get some trouting in and try my hand at some dfgs that have been plated at mohave...got there around 1pm.no one one the lake except me and my 2 buddies.the creek that used to be loaded is over grown with weeds.so nothin there to be caught.so fished the main lake and over the next three hours we very slowly picked at the fish...very few boils and very few birds eating fish as well.only saw one trout get eatin all day...the total count for the couple hours was me 4 trout(3 on mammoth murder color peewee baits wormand one on orange peewee on ball head) and 3 for J.R.(all three on a mac&chz peewee on ball head) and phillip ended up with 2(watermelon red flake powerworm drop shot)...i would recommend waiting tell the county stock to give this place a shot....sorry no pics just dfg trout biggest was around a pound or so..good luck guys

Piss on Myspace
11-04-2011, 02:54 PM
decided to go get some trouting in and try my hand at some dfgs that have been plated at mohave...got there around 1pm.no one one the lake except me and my 2 buddies.the creek that used to be loaded is over grown with weeds.so nothin there to be caught.so fished the main lake and over the next three hours we very slowly picked at the fish...very few boils and very few birds eating fish as well.only saw one trout get eatin all day...the total count for the couple hours was me 4 trout(3 on mammoth murder color peewee baits wormand one on orange peewee on ball head) and 3 for J.R.(all three on a mac&chz peewee on ball head) and phillip ended up with 2(watermelon red flake powerworm drop shot)...i would recommend waiting tell the county stock to give this place a shot....sorry no pics just dfg trout biggest was around a pound or so..good luck guys

thanks for the detailed update, thats some good info....glad you were able to get on them jigging...how was the water clarity and the weedlines around the rest of the lake?

TurtleSlayer
11-05-2011, 12:35 PM
the water was ok,about as clear as it could be for this time of year,i would say maybe 1.5 feet of visibility..the tullies have grown a bit all around the lake,the corner across from the outlet is over grown as well.

Piss on Myspace
11-06-2011, 01:14 AM
word...thanks man, that little cove has produced some big fish

and id prefer the tullies, gives them a place to hide.. but its not really conducive on such a small lake; ie tournaments and only 1 lake now

sounds like ill wait for a couple more stocks to head over there, thanks again, maybe ill see you there...hopefully they'll stock like they did two seasons ago