PDA

View Full Version : outlaw escape

DeepInTheWoods
11-01-2011, 11:02 PM
Hey all i was wondering If anybody there owns the Dave Scadden Outlaw Escape .. and if they used it at Irvine, Santa Ana River Lakes, Corona, Laguna Niguel Lakes ... and what you thought of it .. THX:Beer Toast:

LGHT
11-02-2011, 10:43 AM
I tried one out and it sits high and has a ton of storage, but rowing isn't that easy. I passed mainly because it was just as big as an aluminum boat and wasn't portable nor could you load or carry it to a spot by yourself so I went with a large outcast prowler float tube.

I think I would go with a yak if I where going to get something that big. A yak just seems to get your more places faster rowing and probably has just as much storage and would be easier to load and transport.

TheAsianGuy
11-02-2011, 11:32 AM
I got the Dave Scadden Skiskomish Sunrise, after months of pondering whether or not to get the Escape. Escape is a great kick boat, and that's all it is; a kick boat. Like LGHT said, it's not good when it comes to rowing. Get yourself a full inflatable pontoon if you're planning to row, especially in Lake Irvine, when you have such a huge area to cover. If you're localized in an area, then Escape is great for high above water kicking float, such as Corona, SARLs, and even the smaller lakes like Perris, Gregory, etc.. I believe there was female FNN who had the Escape for a short time. She may give you a greater depth of the Escape. I think her moniker was "fishtales".

The kick boat does require you to have a cart system to haul it, and the full load of equipment you may have. It's inflatable, so, a small little beach cart (the one with the float wheels so you can pull it with you into the water instead of leaving it on the shore somewhere) to haul it in deflated mode and all your gears to the water front, then inflate, and have fun.

DeepInTheWoods
11-02-2011, 02:11 PM
Thx for the replies guys...... :Cool: :Beer Toast: