PDA

View Full Version : Santa Fe Dam boating?

fisherman44
10-31-2011, 05:03 PM
Are you able to rent a boat or bring boat into Santa Fe Dam?

depocs
10-31-2011, 06:24 PM
I believe for boating its electric motor only. As for rentals i'm not sure. I've seen people rent paddle boats haha. I guess i dont know too much =\.

Lakerfan160
10-31-2011, 07:01 PM
i think they also have those aluminum boats not sure.

reservoir dog
10-31-2011, 09:26 PM
From what I've seen before you can bring your own boat but I'm pretty sure they won't allow gas motors on that little lake.

labjet2000
10-31-2011, 09:45 PM
Yes, they have boat and you can launch your own.. or float tube...

http://parks.lacounty.gov/Parkinfo.asp?URL=cms1_033344.asp&Title=Santa%20Fe%20Dam%20Rec%20Area

Prices are accurate, I was there a week ago Sunday.

Ifishtoolittle
10-31-2011, 09:52 PM
I've actually seen a couple of guys on a smaller bass boat. It had a gas powered motor, but they were just using their trolling motor the whole time.

BALLERONBUDGET
11-01-2011, 12:20 AM
tubes,yaks , and small boats allowed with electric trolling motor only (similar to hansen dam, castaic lagoon) if u plan to boat alot can buy parking+boat annual motorized about $125 each , gets u castaic, santa fe, and puddingstone. gas motors allowed upper castaic +puddingstone.. ; weekend boat rentals/row/aluminum /paddle avail pro rates or hourly.. sfd is more relaxing chill lake than fishing . last stock 2weeks ago, but i didnt even see kittys around hrs after they said they dumped:Crying::Crying:

allIdoIsfish
11-01-2011, 08:54 AM
tubes,yaks , and small boats allowed with electric trolling motor only (similar to hansen dam, castaic lagoon) if u plan to boat alot can buy parking+boat annual motorized about $125 each , gets u castaic, santa fe, and puddingstone. gas motors allowed upper castaic +puddingstone.. ; weekend boat rentals/row/aluminum /paddle avail pro rates or hourly.. sfd is more relaxing chill lake than fishing . last stock 2weeks ago, but i didnt even see kittys around hrs after they said they dumped:Crying::Crying:

+1

I run the trolling motor the whole time. But they let you recover your boat with the gas motor.