PDA

View Full Version : One man launching

tacklejunkie
08-16-2007, 03:47 PM
How do you launch a boat if you are by yourself? Better yet, how do you land it by yourself?

reelhigh
08-16-2007, 03:51 PM
I take my boat out solo all the time and most the time I can get it on and off the trailer faster by myself then most of the skiing yahoo's out there with there buddies to help them.

Back up the trailer, jump in the boat, drive it off the trailer, tie it to the dock, park the truck, jump in the boat and go fish.

Same thing when your done fishing, just backwards.

vanillagurilla
08-16-2007, 03:52 PM
its not that hard depending on the size of the boat. undo your straps but leave the bow strap on. then back down into the water.. jump in boat and undo bow strap then motor and dock. when loading. pull your trailer down and drive the boat onto the trailer. go up to the front and secure bow line while staying in the boat. then get out and tighten her up and pull out.

tacklejunkie
08-16-2007, 05:07 PM
Ok, That was a stupid question!

I guess I should have known that one. I just didn't realize the boat is pretty much floating when you launch it. It's been a while since I've watched somone do it. Last time I saw one launched, I went to Castaic when I was probably 10 years old to water ski with my friend and his parents. :lol:

one_leg
08-16-2007, 06:10 PM
How do you launch a boat if you are by yourself? Better yet, how do you land it by yourself?

Believe me, it ain't as hard as you might think!

I just slam her in reverse, grab rope, tie to dock.

1/4 ramming speed, straight onto trailer, crank her up.

Oh, I thought you meant One_Leg launching?

One_Leg