PDA

View Full Version : Pea Soup S.W.A.T DD Swimbait Massacre

ToadsToadsOnly
10-30-2011, 08:31 PM
I have been swaying away from my motto Go Big or Go Home lately since I been distracted by the insane bait bite going on at DVL lately. So I decided to dust off my swimbaits and break them out. With that in mind my buddy Danny and I headed out to D.V.L. Danny is brand new to swimbait fishing so I wanted to school him in on the game. I warned him and told him are you sure you want to do this? Its going to cost you a grip and swimbaiting is an addiction he said yea heck yea I do.

We start plugging away my bait of choice was the Huddleston 8in RoF 5 right around 10:30 I get slammed HOOKUP!!!! I crank the bad boy to the boat and behold not the species of choice a Green Bass I let it go and kept plugging away trying to get the targeted species Toad STRIPERS. Not to long after HOOKUP!!! This time it’s the right kind made short work of this one and put him in the net and by noon I had 2 stripers and 1 LMB on the Hudd Danny got hit a couple times hooked up once on the producer and the striper came off. He was bummed because his drag was to loose I told him don’t worry you’ll get em but you have to put in work first. We plugged it away till about 1:30 and he wanted to do the bait and wait thing so he could get the skunk off I reluctantly said sure lets go. Then we left to the bait area fished for about 1 ˝ hours for nothing we then agreed to go back to our original game plan.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg264/toadstoadsonly/DVL/PA280083-1.jpg

We start pluggin it away but the darn green muck was so thick we were bearly able to fish. We moved to another spot dropped anchor and started plugging it away about 5 min into it HOOOK UP…. Then HOOKUP>>>>> Then HOOKUP!!!!!! I put 3 stripers on the boat in a row on the Z-Plug Danny got slammed a few times on the Producer but no hookup. I then told him “Danny you are like my brother and I wouldn’t do this for anyone else” I handed him my rod with the Z-Plug (I only had 1) on it and told him you better hook up. About 10 casts later he’s like WTH why cant I hook up? I gave him a couple pointers and told him you have to have faith. Have faith that you will hook up and you will hookup he then says “I have faith, I have faith” about 4 cranks later he gets freight trained HOOKUP!!!!!!!! This fish was pulling super hard I told him Danny this is a Super Toad you better land it. He goes back and forward with this fish for about 5 more minutes then it comes to color HOLY S*** I have the net ready and it looked like it wouldn’t fit in the net the fish then starts peeling drag again adrenaline pumping my heart is thumping a million miles per hour. The fish comes to color again I slid it into the net Game Over we give each other high fives and stair at the fish in awe. I then said hurry up get that hook out and give me my rod back foo… LoL little did I know I got set up the fish’s head shakes were so crazy it torqued the screw loose on the two piece z plug I pulled on it and the back piece fell off we stuck a few more stripers and LMB on the producer and headed back to the dock to take some pictures. What a killer day Danny got is first swimbait fish and a super TOAD to boot. Final Count me 8 or 9 fish Danny 3.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg264/toadstoadsonly/DVL/PA280084.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg264/toadstoadsonly/DVL/PA280085.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg264/toadstoadsonly/DVL/PA280087.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg264/toadstoadsonly/DVL/PA280089.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg264/toadstoadsonly/DVL/PA280099.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg264/toadstoadsonly/DVL/PA280092.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg264/toadstoadsonly/DVL/PA280091.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg264/toadstoadsonly/DVL/PA280103.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg264/toadstoadsonly/IMAG0681.jpg

Have faith in yourself and it will happen.

Till Next Time

Go Big Or Go Home

ToadsToadsONLY

Go get em guys…

Add my group HuntForBigFish on Facebook I have a bunch of pics from previous fishing trips on there.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/114189495339212/

20pounder
10-30-2011, 08:38 PM
That's disgusting....nicely done boys!

brad1
10-30-2011, 08:47 PM
I like the LM but you prob broke his jaw by holding him like that...nice catching though man hope he servived

Hometown
10-30-2011, 08:48 PM
Toads nice

jw4Bassing
10-30-2011, 09:01 PM
What an amazing day to remember for sure and props on catching all your fish on the big plugs. It sure must be an andrenaline rush because the next fish that bites comes into mind that it can be a catch of a lifetime especially fishing out of DVL. Also congrats to Danny on catching his first swimbait fish and a "Whopper" at that makes it even sweeter. Again WTG "TTO" and keep up the good work and phenomenal fishing. It seems like whoever goes fishing with you has a very good chance of hooking into a trophy fish.

Tight Lines....

JW

stocker
10-30-2011, 09:15 PM
Unbelievable fish, wtg!!!

troutdog
10-30-2011, 09:40 PM
WTG TTO, you live up to your screen name time and time again....thanks for postin up!

TD

karlow
10-30-2011, 10:28 PM
Damm!
Fing tods!

Sweet, oh yea, the smaller ones test better.
But WTF cares!
That's what I'm talking about!
Slugo

Kp

20pounder
10-30-2011, 10:36 PM
I don't understand screwing with the background.....let me guess....there's a dam back there and a bouy line? Dumb.....

Stormcrow
10-30-2011, 10:41 PM
Way to go Toads!!!

you do it right bro!

30lber
10-30-2011, 11:23 PM
Any of them released?

BiGPaC
10-30-2011, 11:29 PM
Damn nice fish.

What a great day.

Jason

dixoncider
10-31-2011, 04:41 AM
DOOD....Nice ones..your all over it...seeya out there..

TroutOnly
10-31-2011, 08:54 AM
TOADS KILL THEM ALL,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,s/o,,,,,,,,,,

Fysher
10-31-2011, 09:18 AM
Congrats!!! on the toads, Still living up to the Name. Hopefully one day I can nail just 1 of those toads out there.

murrieta angler
10-31-2011, 09:18 AM
Danggg!!!!
Those are some nice looking stripers Jonathan.
Congrats on your buddies first swimbat fish also.
There is a small hardware chain called, McFadden Dale Hardware, they will have that special size screw for your
artificial.
Thanks for the cool report,
Robert
<><

murrieta angler
10-31-2011, 09:22 AM
I don't understand screwing with the background.....let me guess....there's a dam back there and a bouy line? Dumb.....

If you got nothing positive to say, STFU!!!
Have A Nice Day,
Robert

Sorry Mods, it just struck a nerve this morning.

madbass
10-31-2011, 09:39 AM
holy ****! now thats an awesome day at the jewel for sure!
thanks for the report and pictures, gets my blood pumping.

btw: did you ever wrap the super seeker blank i sold you?

thanks,

alex.

headcase881
10-31-2011, 09:49 AM
Well nicly done. But like another reader said you shouldn't hold big bass like that you will harm them if its jaw is broke we will see him all sucked up in a couple weeks then dead handle you c/r with care great job on the stripy

Dr. MindBendo
10-31-2011, 10:32 AM
Excellent job out there. KTA!

Big Daddy
10-31-2011, 11:06 AM
Any of them released?

He released all of them he always does (RIGHT INTO THE DEEP FRYER Hahahahahaha) great job guys TTO you have been on fire. Some day you will understand or maybe not.

iLLest
10-31-2011, 11:36 AM
GO BIG OR GO HOME!

yeah buddy! way to nail those suckers.

Sharkbait
10-31-2011, 12:08 PM
Dude!!! Jerry called me yesterday and told me how you've been killing them. I'm mostly likely going to do a rental on Friday.

Anthony

fishinone
10-31-2011, 12:10 PM
Nice Catch. WOW!

I recognize that spot with the swirly background. LOL

jeepnkal
10-31-2011, 12:44 PM
I like the LM but you prob broke his jaw by holding him like that...nice catching though man hope he servived

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_xoBIPoObedw/SdW6a75L6JI/AAAAAAAADYg/3xGTvQHBcaE/s1600/facepalm-jean-luc01.bmp

KingShad
10-31-2011, 01:31 PM
I met up with my buddy baiting for striper. He said he saw someone pull in three DDs in a row on a swimbait. Im guessing that was you. Good job. All the bait stripers I saw come in (over 100) throughout the day, were all under 5 lbs. Im guessing its time for me to up the quality.

one time
10-31-2011, 02:00 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_xobipoobedw/sdw6a75l6ji/aaaaaaaadyg/3xgtvqhbcae/s1600/facepalm-jean-luc01.bmp

lmfao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sumojo
10-31-2011, 02:19 PM
WOW holly SH,,,!!!!! great report on the striper kill what was the weight of all of the catch .

Which Way Out
10-31-2011, 03:41 PM
You guys are killing

Sublime-Steve
10-31-2011, 03:57 PM
I can hear it now... " Dang where did you get that 1? oh, @ the swirly spot " :EyePop:

TroutOnly
10-31-2011, 04:51 PM
Yes 30lber they were released in grease,,,,,,,get over it that lakes full of stripers and every year they going to spawn out millions more till the whole lake is over run with them,,its probably almost there already,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Wingnut
10-31-2011, 05:00 PM
:Pee:

You guys got it dialed in Jonathan! :Big Grin:
Yeah, I agree, you should have taken that LMB home and eat it too, since it's gonna die anyway, lol :Wink:

See ya at the surf event! :Cool:

P.A.W.
10-31-2011, 05:10 PM
Man, any one of those fish could make a nice outing, but all in one trip.... nice! Makes me think about braving the long line and the dreaded inspection for a trip over the hill from Skinner. Maybe soon.

fish-o-haulic
10-31-2011, 06:07 PM

why do the newbies have always say dumbshit. I thought i was the only one. Niiiiiiice fish, gotta get out there next year. Hope those bad boys tasted good. someones eating fish tonight and tomorrow and the next day.

GdHkSet1
10-31-2011, 07:44 PM
That's awesome fellas, congrats on getting the big boys on the swimmies...

bassgrabber1
10-31-2011, 08:43 PM
Wtg....saw your post on BD's as well.

seal
11-01-2011, 06:48 AM
Nice slay, and the C&R talk on stripers is starting to get old 30lbs, or my friend Dodo.

fish-o-haulic
11-01-2011, 04:37 PM
Nice slay, and the C&R talk on stripers is starting to get old 30lbs, or my friend Dodo.

No offense to 30lber but i thought i was the only one thinking the the c&r striper thing was getting old too. you dont have to mention it on every striper thread, stripers arent largemouth. we dont have to throw everone back and get ticked everytime someone just keeps one. There stripers the population is huge those small stripers will grow to get big to replace the big ones that got caught end of story.

30lber
11-01-2011, 04:57 PM
I wont give up...
If i and many others could release our catch, we will!
Not to thread jack..but if you want..i can start a new thread about that subject.

30lber
11-01-2011, 05:00 PM
Yes 30lber they were released in grease,,,,,,,get over it that lakes full of stripers and every year they going to spawn out millions more till the whole lake is over run with them,,its probably almost there already,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I will be there to see it happen.
We have over a thousand lakes and ponds full of bass.
Why cant we have a good DIAMOND STRIPER VALLEY LAKE?

fish-o-haulic
11-01-2011, 05:17 PM
I wont give up...
If i and many others could release our catch, we will!
Not to thread jack..but if you want..i can start a new thread about that subject.

Fine then release your catch then ill come back to catch it and throw it in my fryer

HawgZWylde
11-01-2011, 06:57 PM
I will be there to see it happen.
We have over a thousand lakes and ponds full of bass.
Why cant we have a good DIAMOND STRIPER VALLEY LAKE?

Lake Powell
Lake Havasu
Lake Mohave
The Colorado river
all of the Colorado river aqueduct
Castaic
Silverwood
DVL
Pyramid lake
Lake San Antonio
The California Delta
The California Aqueduct
Lake Skinner

That's not enough for you?

TroutOnly
11-01-2011, 07:06 PM
Thank you mr hawgzwylde,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,he doesnt get there isnt a bigger or deeper lake in the whole southern half of the state and big deep water is exactly what stripers love considering they are a ocean fish that moved into the freshwater,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

seal
11-01-2011, 07:44 PM
30lber the deal is that LMB's and Stripers are different. Although I will always be for people keeping whatever meat they want, without waste, if you start a LMB type C&R attitude on Stripers then you are actually hurting your chances for that DD you really want, long term.

At least that's my take, believe me I get all pissed off everytime somebody keeps a DD Striper, but that's only jealousy talk'n.

fish-o-haulic
11-01-2011, 08:08 PM
theres so many stripers having a lmb mentality would be pointless.But to be honest the whole not keeping lmb mentality period kinda puzzles me but i dont eat them so whatever. But throwing back stripers doesnt really help if, anything it hurts. Throwing back DD's is piontless because now those DD fish are going to go eat the sizeable trout and lmb and in a few cases catfish and what ever else is in the lake. Throwing back big ones just means less room in the lake for the small stripers to grow to personal best sizes.

30lber
11-01-2011, 08:52 PM
Didnt they close the colorado aquaduct? Or are you talking about the coachella canal.
I think thats what its called.

I will bet most all avid anglers would release there d.d.lmb Bass!
Period.

yolo
11-01-2011, 09:13 PM
30lber, You just want everyone to release the DD's so you can finally catch one or have better odds to catch your first one :LOL: Now it all makes sense. I personally keep some and I chuck many more back, but that's just me and I don't fish DVL but the duct. I like to have those big girls swimming around in there to catch again when even bigger. If I have meat in the fridge or freezer, I release, even the schoolies. Stripers are on a cyclical rebound everywhere imo. The last couple of years have been great spawns. I am seeing more and more stripers of all size from micro to DD the past couple of years. There are and will be plenty around til the next decline cycle. I would be more worried about it then.

Jig-Guy
11-01-2011, 09:15 PM
Toads! thanks for your report & pictures. Good job enjoy your striper dinners. I have to learn how to paint out backgrounds like you did, I like it.

fish-o-haulic
11-01-2011, 09:33 PM
Didnt they close the colorado aquaduct? Or are you talking about the coachella canal.
I think thats what its called.

I will bet most all avid anglers would release there d.d.lmb Bass!
Period.

ya there dd lmb not there dd stripers

ToadsToadsOnly
11-01-2011, 11:01 PM
What an amazing day to remember for sure and props on catching all your fish on the big plugs. It sure must be an andrenaline rush because the next fish that bites comes into mind that it can be a catch of a lifetime especially fishing out of DVL. Also congrats to Danny on catching his first swimbait fish and a "Whopper" at that makes it even sweeter. Again WTG "TTO" and keep up the good work and phenomenal fishing. It seems like whoever goes fishing with you has a very good chance of hooking into a trophy fish.

Tight Lines....

JW

Thanks JW that day was hands down my best swimbait day ever. My buddy Danny is hooked lol he is regretting it already. I told him he is going to spend a lot of money with this addition. I been getting pretty lucky out there this year and I been fortunate to find the fish almost everytime. Fishing from a boat is all new it only has been about a year for me since I purchased my little aluminum and I have been trying to speed up my learning curve as fast as I could by asking a million and one questions to whoever would help lol.

Any of them released? Just 1 the one that I bounced and it didnt quite get over the side of my boat.

Danggg!!!!
Those are some nice looking stripers Jonathan.
Congrats on your buddies first swimbat fish also.
There is a small hardware chain called, McFadden Dale Hardware, they will have that special size screw for your
artificial.
Thanks for the cool report,
Robert
<><

Thanks Robert you definitely need to try DVL one day if I lived 2 min away like you I would be there all the time it definitely is an amazing fishery.

If you got nothing positive to say, STFU!!!
Have A Nice Day,
Robert

Sorry Mods, it just struck a nerve this morning.

I always get at least a couple of these I am used to it. LoL

holy ****! now thats an awesome day at the jewel for sure!
thanks for the report and pictures, gets my blood pumping.

btw: did you ever wrap the super seeker blank i sold you?

thanks,

alex.

Whats going on Alex the 93H ended being to much of a broom stick for me. I traded it in and got a 10ft SS-UlUA kept it the full 10ft that thing is killer.

I have released thousands of bass don't worry he got sent home safe.

He released all of them he always does (RIGHT INTO THE DEEP FRYER Hahahahahaha) great job guys TTO you have been on fire. Some day you will understand or maybe not.

Stripers "Kill them all big or small"

Dude!!! Jerry called me yesterday and told me how you've been killing them. I'm mostly likely going to do a rental on Friday.

Anthony

Good luck out there Antony I have not seen you out on the water in quite a while hope all is well.

I met up with my buddy baiting for striper. He said he saw someone pull in three DDs in a row on a swimbait. Im guessing that was you. Good job. All the bait stripers I saw come in (over 100) throughout the day, were all under 5 lbs. Im guessing its time for me to up the quality.

Maybe it was me, I think I am going to lay off the schoolies just a bit now on but here are a butt load of them. It is crazy to think all of those 5-6lbers you we been catching will probably gain 2-3lbs by the end of the trout season.

I can hear it now... " Dang where did you get that 1? oh, @ the swirly spot " :EyePop:

Yea I am going to hear that every time I post when I start fishing the city parks for LMB again.

:Pee:

You guys got it dialed in Jonathan! :Big Grin:
Yeah, I agree, you should have taken that LMB home and eat it too, since it's gonna die anyway, lol :Wink:

See ya at the surf event! :Cool:

Eat LMB they taste VERRY VERRY GOOD....Ha ha see ya at the event Arthur.

No offense to 30lber but i thought i was the only one thinking the the c&r striper thing was getting old too. you dont have to mention it on every striper thread, stripers arent largemouth. we dont have to throw everone back and get ticked everytime someone just keeps one. There stripers the population is huge those small stripers will grow to get big to replace the big ones that got caught end of story.
X2 there is already a thread 15 pages long and 14,000 hits yawn.. I am over it I think I am going to KILL ALL STRIPERS.

Toads! thanks for your report & pictures. Good job enjoy your striper dinners. I have to learn how to paint out backgrounds like you did, I like it.

No prob Jig-Guy it is easy to swirl them out just upload to Photobucket-Edit-Distort- Wa La

30lber
11-02-2011, 05:16 AM
2 thumbs up for the one bounced off your boat. T.T.O
Last week i saw a guy had the same situation and he dove right in to save this 4 lber
from swimming off.lol
wallet money watch all got soaked...straight up comedy but dxxb.
Keep up with the bouncing....good luck!
If ya need my help...p.m. Ill go with you on few trips and cut your line....if need assistance!
Thank you.

ToadsToadsOnly
11-02-2011, 11:51 AM
Last week i saw a guy had the same situation and he dove right in to save this 4 lber
from swimming off.lol
If ya need my help...p.m. Ill go with you on few trips and cut your line....if need assistance!
Thank you.

Yawn .....

Fysher
11-02-2011, 12:24 PM
Not to be an ***** but enough is enough 30lber.

I guess next time any of us get a DD striper, just state that we released it(even though we released it in the deep fryer) and 30lber will leave us alone.

Fysher
11-02-2011, 12:26 PM
from swimming off.lol
Thank you.

I think you better start pumping iron because you're going to be doing a lot of swimming my friend.

one time
11-02-2011, 01:00 PM
Great report Sir. It's always cool to read that someone is crushing it!!! Well done and way to turn a buddy onto our beloved hobby/sport. Hey 30 pounder (30 pounds of cut bait) stop hating and just let people excercise their right of keeping fish.

fish-o-haulic
11-02-2011, 02:58 PM
from swimming off.lol
Thank you.

really man this is getting old, be quiet about it. Just cause you think all these fish should be released doesnt mean they should. stop trying to force your opinion on everyone by bringing it up over and over. Youve been fishing lmb too long.

brian johnson
11-02-2011, 08:29 PM
He didnt hide anything in that pic. look close hes right by the dock!! first point below the store i watched him catch it i think it was the first largey hes ever caught !!!!!! he rolled into the dock area like he owned the lake screwd over 3 boats that were all respecting each other and slid right against the rocks so no one couldcast to the rocks again caught 1 largie and farmed a bunch typical idiot at dvl. kill all stripers i personaly dont eat them but through every 1 on the bank for the coyotes!!!!!!

fish-o-haulic
11-02-2011, 08:41 PM
He didnt hide anything in that pic. look close hes right by the dock!! first point below the store i watched him catch it i think it was the first largey hes ever caught !!!!!! he rolled into the dock area like he owned the lake screwd over 3 boats that were all respecting each other and slid right against the rocks so no one couldcast to the rocks again caught 1 largie and farmed a bunch typical idiot at dvl. kill all stripers i personaly dont eat them but through every 1 on the bank for the coyotes!!!!!!

someone sounds pissed. You sure it was him.

eggot
11-02-2011, 08:42 PM

Ok now that's just retarded....Killing stripers is cool, but please put them to better use... Give em to other fisherman that haven't had any luck or give em to some hungry neighbors... throwing them on a bank to rot is just lame bro (assuming the coyotes will eat em doesn't count).

Wasting life is a shame, especially tasty stripers...

Anyways... awesome pics.

fish-o-haulic
11-02-2011, 08:45 PM
Haha i coudve eaten those stripers. Forget the coyotes feed me LOL. Seriously didnt catch the part of him throwing them on the bank till now. Why wouldnt you just throw em back if you weren eating them. That really wasnt a wise thing to post up. Its funny you post up mad then post something like leaving fish on bank to rot. thats just wrong man.

fishinone
11-02-2011, 08:52 PM
Sounds like an Ugly Green By-Catch (LMB) purist.

bigb8er
11-02-2011, 09:53 PM
do your homework before you annoy people with your nonsense.

jerryG
11-03-2011, 02:36 AM

It sounds like someone needs a diaper change. I have seen Toads catch a lot of BIG bass over the years many of which that would have put the bass in this post to shame.. The hud is often his weapon of choice however most of the BIG bass he catches come out of pressured city park lakes where they are much harder to catch than at DVL.

JerryG

dixoncider
11-03-2011, 06:42 AM
Seems like if you post a report on here half the time you get a bunch of S**T for it...I for one like to see REPORTS...It's great info and should be encouraged not Discouraged. 30lber---if you want to sell people bait you may consider being a little less opinionated about people on this board.they are your target customers right?

JV
11-03-2011, 09:31 AM

FYI - If you get caught - it's a citation.
From the Fish & Game Regs
Current Section§ 1.87. Waste of Fish.

It is unlawful to cause or permit any deterioration or waste of any fish taken in the waters of this state.

Note: Authority cited: Section 5510, Fish and Game Code. Reference: Sections 5510, 7700, 7701, 7704 and 7705, Fish and Game Code.

30lber
11-03-2011, 11:01 AM
Seems like if you post a report on here half the time you get a bunch of S**T for it...I for one like to see REPORTS...It's great info and should be encouraged not Discouraged. 30lber---if you want to sell people bait you may consider being a little less opinionated about people on this board.they are your target customers right?

No offense tak,n just showing some helpful How to release support.
idiots name calling douch bags whatever floats the boat ( not u dixon cider ) it only shows
ignorance and selfish greed.
Im very happy that T.T.O caught fish and who wouldnt want to catch a few them selves?.
I like to see everyone on fish..
Heck i gave my spot away to couple guys just so they can catch fish...they landed more than anyone ive seen yesturday.
Im more and willing to show or help anyone who wants to learn.
Im no pro as many on here but do have a trick or two to find fish...
I just wont stick my big fat thumb up some. ....Never mind!

bigb8er
11-03-2011, 11:15 AM
30lber, you didnt reply to me. did you do your homework?

30lber
11-03-2011, 11:21 AM
LoL....sorry bud.

gletemfeelsteelgary
11-07-2011, 03:47 PM
Congrats on the stripey whackin' way ta go....

Murder death keel !

Saweeet job !

Gary