PDA

View Full Version : Out of Bounds

Which Way Out
10-29-2011, 08:41 PM
Well maybe this should be posted in the North Cal section but I will post here just in case anyone has any ideas of running up the coast.

I had to make a run up the 101 Hwy today to drop a boat off for a friend. Anyway I decided to have lunch in Moro Bay and then toss the LC's around after.

The tide was falling, wow that bay has some serious current between the Rock and the Dunes. 2:30pm Worked the beach at the end the road on the south side of the Rock.
Found the water to be very clear and not to cold. But the out going tide was very strong. Located a few places with calm or slack water that looked good.
Tossed and tossed out into the main current and reeled in over some nice rocks and sand, but no luck.
Couldn't find any locals to speak with to get the 411 on the place. Either way it was a nice day and a good lunch of Fish n Chips with a tall cold one.

I saw Virg's boats return to the landing. From what I could see they looked pretty happy but I didn't get over to see the counts.
For me no Hits ='s No Fish :Sad:

But it was a nice day up the coast.

PONTOON
10-30-2011, 06:58 PM
Bill,

Although the fish didn't want to cooperate that is beautiful country up that way. A day in the surf near Morrow Bay and a good lunch sounds pretty good to me.:Cool:

I've been up the coast a couple of times to Monterey recently. Both times I made some stops along the way and told myself "Next time you need to pack the surf gear".

Thanks for the report and hope to see you at the surf event.:Thumbs Up:

Wingnut
10-31-2011, 01:30 AM
Dang Bill... you get around. :Shocked:
Well, at least you got the chance to get out there...
As for me, the "lockdown" is finally here. :Neutral:
See ya at the HG III event. :Wink:

midgettosser1
10-31-2011, 09:18 AM
I've tried the same spot up there with the LC. No luck either.

Better off trying to catch squirrels.

TUNAVIC
10-31-2011, 09:56 AM
Fish and Chips at Giovanni's are the best! is that where you ate?

bones
10-31-2011, 06:42 PM

SQUIRRELS........or do you meen SEGF (Shovel EAR guitar fish) :ROFL:

bones
10-31-2011, 06:45 PM
Fish and Chips with a cold one will ALWAYS make everything OK Bill !!

Actually I'm shocked that there were no pig perch up there but it was probably just the timing and tide swing. Ya gotta fish the incomming up there and it usually dies at high tide or the outgoing.

murrieta angler
10-31-2011, 09:02 PM
Hey Bill,
Very nice getting to fish up there.
I will head that way, one day, and when I do I will give you a call.
Thanks for the report,
Robert
<><

Which Way Out
10-31-2011, 10:51 PM
Bill,

Although the fish didn't want to cooperate that is beautiful country up that way. A day in the surf near Morrow Bay and a good lunch sounds pretty good to me.:Cool:

I've been up the coast a couple of times to Monterey recently. Both times I made some stops along the way and told myself "Next time you need to pack the surf gear".

Thanks for the report and hope to see you at the surf event.:Thumbs Up:
What can I say about the coast up here. Terry sometimes I get to have a little fun while I work.

Dang Bill... you get around. :Shocked:
Well, at least you got the chance to get out there...
As for me, the "lockdown" is finally here. :Neutral:
See ya at the HG III event. :Wink:
Arthur I hate to tell ya but the boss said today that next week we need to get the boat back on the water. Lake Nacimento will have some big rooster tails next week.http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/xx340/WhichWayOut/Parchers011.jpg

Yea no kidding about the squirrels. I am sure there's some fish down there but just didn't spend the time to poke around the rocks and kelp.

Fish and Chips at Giovanni's are the best! is that where you ate?
That's the spot. Had the 5 pc Fish and Chips, sat in the sun just long enough to eat and the hit the water. I think I did better with lunch.

Fish and Chips with a cold one will ALWAYS make everything OK Bill !!

Actually I'm shocked that there were no pig perch up there but it was probably just the timing and tide swing. Ya gotta fish the incomming up there and it usually dies at high tide or the outgoing.
Yea Mike the tide I knew was gonna be going out but never expected the amount of current there. The beach side of the Rock was big and windy so I stayed away from there.

Hey Bill,
Very nice getting to fish up there.
I will head that way, one day, and when I do I will give you a call.
Thanks for the report,
Robert
<><
I sure hope you do. And bring that lucky horse shoe you have hidden up your b***:ROFL:

See all you guys on the 19th for sure........:Thumbs Up: