PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know Good spots at Legg Lake

fisherman44
10-29-2011, 04:48 PM
I went to Legg lake today, for 10 hrs and not a single bight does anyone know good bass spots and what to use

CL SmooV
10-29-2011, 07:42 PM
wow @ 10 hours!

work the structure @ legg. use everything until you find a pattern. cranks, drop, wacky, flyline, jiggs. try them all. go with a plan. pick setups you think you will work during certain times of day.

put the time in, the fish will come in.

Lakerfan160
10-29-2011, 09:06 PM
dude at least u tried, maybe u learn something new while fishing legg lake. maybe next time u should go to santa fe dam. i went to day for 2 hrs and caught 3 bass nothing big, but there biting. maybe i will post up a report.

qaze0
10-29-2011, 10:25 PM
wow @ 10 hours!

work the structure @ legg. use everything until you find a pattern. cranks, drop, wacky, flyline, jiggs. try them all. go with a plan. pick setups you think you will work during certain times of day.

put the time in, the fish will come in. "Structure " its a tuff lake, but wares the structure ??

CL SmooV
10-29-2011, 11:51 PM
"Structure " its a tuff lake, but wares the structure ??

....you're joking, right?

Urban Legend
11-01-2011, 09:59 AM

Those OG locals down there would lose it if someone posted up the spots where trash cans, benches, and other structures were intentionally thrown in the lake back in the 50's to create that fishery. The Double L is a place you got to go and put your work in. I mean some folks get lucky but the reward there is some HUGE bass.

smokehound
11-01-2011, 10:09 AM
Did you try around the reeds? What were you using?

It's fall, so the water is colder, and the fish aren't digesting their food quickly.

fisherman44
11-01-2011, 12:00 PM
Well me and my friend walked the lakes and we were using dropshot rigs and a live pointer 95 sp fish lure.

qaze0
11-01-2011, 12:43 PM
yeah just joking....but structure? or maybe reeds ?

CL SmooV
11-01-2011, 07:11 PM
yeah just joking....but structure? or maybe reeds ?

....read urban legends post. he hit it on the money. i was taught long ago, when you lose tackle, you found structure, then you catch fish.

Ifishtoolittle
11-01-2011, 07:20 PM
when you lose tackle, you found structure

x2 I lost 2 deep diving Rapalas a few weeks ago because of that

smokehound
11-02-2011, 06:32 AM
....read urban legends post. he hit it on the money. i was taught long ago, when you lose tackle, you found structure, then you catch fish.That's an awesome way of putting it. I'll never be pissed about losing a jig ever again. :LOL:

Urban Legend
11-02-2011, 07:13 AM
A guy I work with fishes there 3-5 times a week after work and sometimes on the weekends. He has a journal of spots which he keeps track of stuff. Once u fish there u will figure out how to find structure. Also there are several techniques u have to use there depending on time of year, weather, water clarity, etc. he has about 4 diff poles based on how he is going to fish that he uses. I've been with him several times when DD bass are pulled out. His last one was 15+.

Danny300
11-02-2011, 10:05 AM
if you can't catch out of legg lake you don't deserve to LOL

Ifishtoolittle
11-02-2011, 10:21 PM
A guy I work with fishes there 3-5 times a week after work and sometimes on the weekends. He has a journal of spots which he keeps track of stuff. Once u fish there u will figure out how to find structure. Also there are several techniques u have to use there depending on time of year, weather, water clarity, etc. he has about 4 diff poles based on how he is going to fish that he uses. I've been with him several times when DD bass are pulled out. His last one was 15+.

Damn. 15+ that's crazy. I want to see pics!

jerryG
11-03-2011, 01:05 AM

What's your friends name? I work close to Legg and I have been fishing there 3 to 5 times a week for bass after work for years. I sure would like to see pics of that 15 lbs bass preferably over PM. I know most of the Leggulars and those dd bass must get caught when none of us are there because we never see them. These days Bass of any size are slim pickens at Legg. The fishing used to be a lot better a few years ago but for the past 3 to 4 years the fishery at Legg has been decimated by poachers.

JerryG

smokehound
11-03-2011, 09:04 AM
I highly doubt legg could support a single 15 lb bass.

The BIGGEST bass at legg, 8-9 lbs, maybe.

Danny300
11-03-2011, 09:18 AM
I highly doubt legg could support a single 15 lb bass.

The BIGGEST bass at legg, 8-9 lbs, maybe.

I've seen them up to 12 lbs myself. So I wouldn't doubt 15 lb +. But, I wouldn't say there were many that big in any of the lakes there

reservoir dog
11-03-2011, 09:41 AM
15+ sounds a little exaggerated (IMO). Are we still talking about Legg Lake or Castaic?

jbassc
11-03-2011, 10:57 PM
Legg sucks the place has been poached to hell all the bass have been fryed,stewed,sushied,ceviche u name it,Sucks i personally seen the downfall at legg the last 5 years its really truly sad period i dont care what all u wanna be leggulars say.Sorry to come out a lil strong it just sucks to see people destroy the lake u love and thats what happened to me and what legg once was a great fishery.

jerryG
11-04-2011, 02:16 AM
Legg sucks the place has been poached to hell all the bass have been fryed,stewed,sushied,ceviche u name it,Sucks i personally seen the downfall at legg the last 5 years its really truly sad period i dont care what all u wanna be leggulars say.Sorry to come out a lil strong it just sucks to see people destroy the lake u love and thats what happened to me and what legg once was a great fishery.

Carlos.. How you been? Hope your doing well. I don't think you came off harsh at all. That's the way it went down. The fishery might come back some day but as long as the poachers are there it will never happen.

JerryG

Dr. MindBendo
11-04-2011, 11:02 AM
The bass fishery at Legg will never make a comeback as long as people continue posting threads, pics and videos about it.

white belt
11-04-2011, 11:16 AM
The bass fishery at Legg will never make a comeback as long as people continue posting threads, pics and videos about it.

I highly doubt that the poachers who raped Legg are FNN members. Most of those poachers are Asians and Mexicans who don't even speak engrish. You really think they're posting on here, or looking for tips on here? I'm sure there may be a couple, but the majority have probably never even heard of FNN.

The bass won't make a come back because people are getting poorer and depend on fishing for food more. Sharing pictures ain't doing nothing to that lake.

Dr. MindBendo
11-04-2011, 11:27 AM
You have a lot to learn white belt. It's more than just poaching. Threads like these these attract more anglers to the city park lakes. This means more fishing pressure, accidental gut hooks that sometimes kill the fish, legally taking bass, etc... Just look at the big picture is what I'm saying. Why do you think Leggulars are flat out saying the fishing is not the same there anymore? Pics and videos easily expose fishing spots. My thoughts are aimed at the city park scene which if you ask me sucks.

white belt
11-04-2011, 12:37 PM
You have a lot to learn white belt. It's more than just poaching. Threads like these these attract more anglers to the city park lakes. This means more fishing pressure, accidental gut hooks that sometimes kill the fish, legally taking bass, etc... Just look at the big picture is what I'm saying. Why do you think Leggulars are flat out saying the fishing is not the same there anymore? Pics and videos easily expose fishing spots. My thoughts are aimed at the city park scene which if you ask me sucks.

City park fishing is nothing compared to Perris, DVL etc but it's not expected to be. I just like the experience of getting out there or doing a quick session after work. I get what you're saying, but part of fishing is also sharing your experience. If we all thought like you, why even bother posting or having a city park section? You act as if someone catches a fish at a CP lake, they should keep it a secret. Lake will get fished either way, with or without FNN. The fish were meant to be caught. To say, "Don't post a pic because a fish might get an accidental gut hook." is kind of ridiculous. That's part of fishing. DFG creeps on these forums... if they thought posting pics was a detriment, don't you think they would have already asked the mods to take down the city park lakes section and ban cameras from those locations? It's not that serious.

fisherman44
11-04-2011, 12:38 PM
The only reason i posted this thread was because i am new to bass fishing and i do not know to much about it.

jerryG
11-04-2011, 01:16 PM
Dr. MindBendo nailed it..Well said. To add to that I have run in to guys with buckets, ice chests, stringers, with bass and whatever else they could snag that have told me they read about the spot from an a report on the internet and came to check it out. I've seen first hand the impact that a detailed internet report can have on a small body of water and the destruction that follows. These are fragile fisheries well with in reach of highly populated areas not large deep bodies of water such as DVL or Castiac. Dr. MindBendo was right in saying if you believe that internet threads have no impact on a park lakes then you do have a lot to learn.

Of course everybody like to see reports. If someone wants to share their experience on the water its their right to do so but be smart about it. When it comes to small park lakes I got respect for people who blur or blackout backgrounds and leave out details of their location. It shows respect for others who fish the area and it also shows responsibility for helping to protect the fishery. It would different if you were at a larger body of water that could sustain the pressure like Castiac or DVL. Regardless there are always going to be some haters who complain about the background being blacked out and the absence of details. These people scan these boards just looking for spots and info. They always will have a few if any posts to their name and they won't bother posting about how they hijacked your spot after the fact.

Getting back to the post at hand. If you ask people to post up spots on a forum don't expect to get much if any information and you won't be disappointed. I would recommend getting out as often as you can and talk to others who are doing the type of fishing your interested in (carp, cats, bass..).

Jerryg

DarkShadow
11-04-2011, 01:28 PM
When it comes to small park lakes I got respect for people who blur or blackout backgrounds and leave out details of their location. It shows respect for others who fish the area and it also shows responsibility for helping to protect the fishery.

Jerry,

I agree. I respect those guys.

Then again, I respect guys more who would rather keep their mouth shut and not even post anything than spend 10 minutes on Photoshop blurring their conquests.

Sounds like some people didn't get hugged enough as kids.

Me entiendes? ;-)

fish4keep
11-04-2011, 02:02 PM
Jerry,

I agree. I respect those guys.

Then again, I respect guys more who would rather keep their mouth shut and not even post anything than spend 10 minutes on Photoshop blurring their conquests.

Sounds like some people didn't get hugged enough as kids.

Me entiendes? ;-)

But if you don't have posters, what's the point of having FNN...... Awwww, let's just turn this into a 10 page thread.................................

white belt
11-04-2011, 02:02 PM
Yeah let's just treat everyone as if they were a poacher... that's really going to help :Rolls Eyes:

The OP can't even get any advice because you people are too worried about him taking fish illegally. It's pretty sad. Seems like you "old school" cats don't want to help the new guys. The only lake that I can say "I know some spots" for is Peck and I don't hesitate. I even put arrows on a map so people can find "my spots."

bulletoothulk
11-04-2011, 02:08 PM
I started fishing bass a year ago at cp lakes and 80 % of the guys I have tried to talk to were jerks and would not respond ( laguna,Ralph b, tri city )

DarkShadow
11-04-2011, 02:12 PM
But if you don't have posters, what's the point of having FNN......

Plenty of great fishing discussion and knowledge being passed around, without the need for detailed reports and spots being burned out.

Of course, if some people want to learn the answer to 5 + 5, rather than learning the concept of addition and subtraction, so that when 6 + 6 is presented to them, they know the answer to that, then that's on them, right?

white belt
11-04-2011, 02:28 PM
I started fishing bass a year ago at cp lakes and 80 % of the guys I have tried to talk to were jerks and would not respond ( laguna,Ralph b, tri city )

That sucks. Whenever I'm leaving, and someone asks me "any luck?" I always tell them where I've been getting bites. I don't know if it's a poacher or what not, but I'm not going to be a dick about it.

I just think it's pretty hilarious how people think this forum is the reason the city park lakes are fished so heavily. I've been hitting these spots as a kid, before I even knew FNN existed, and still saw guys fishing multiple poles, asian families of like 20 fishing without a license and all that good stuff. It hasn't gotten worse because FNN exists. Maybe poachers lurk the site, but I'm sure 90% of them don't. And as I said earlier, if it was really that serious, you guys don't think DFG will shut it down? They obviously have more information than we do, and if they really felt it was a negative, they would have put a stop to it.

Just my 2 cents, but what do I know right? I'm just a noob.

etucker1959
11-04-2011, 03:07 PM
But if you don't have posters, what's the point of having FNN...... Awwww, let's just turn this into a 10 page thread.................................

Good point! If people are afraid to post fishing reports, what kind of treads would we all be reading and commenting about. I tell you what kind of threads we will be getting. OOPS we are already getting them: ITSAGOODDAYTOFISH treads. Is that what everybody wants to read and comment about? But that kind of tread is safe it doesn't give away anyone's hot bait or honey hole. I sure hope this forum doesn't go in that direction but who knows!

smokehound
11-04-2011, 03:09 PM
I started fishing bass a year ago at cp lakes and 80 % of the guys I have tried to talk to were jerks and would not respond ( laguna,Ralph b, tri city )I come across that, not just with bass fishermen, but there are alot of pricks that just dont like talking. I remember this one guy at NPH that was a total douche, I asked him a simple question, and he blew up on me. I was about to tell him about a spot that ALWAYS produces a fish, and I was even going to give him a few nice fresh ghost shrimp...

Had he not been a dick, I wouldn't have told the man at the gate he was parked there. I then casually walked to a different spot with NICE people, and glanced back at him, he was screaming, while his truck was being towed. :ROFL:

bulletoothulk
11-04-2011, 03:22 PM
The threads are nice to read , I got two little kids and don't have the time to put in 3-5 days a week , shot at best 1 day

etucker1959
11-04-2011, 04:13 PM
The threads are nice to read , I got two little kids and don't have the time to put in 3-5 days a week , shot at best 1 day

bulletoothhulk bass fishing this time of the year in a park is tough. Iv'e been making love to my catfish almost every evening at Ralp B. Clark park. You want to know how many bass iv'e seen caught in the last 3 months, ONE. You should try fishing for them in the spring time. That's a tip you can take to the bank.

smokehound
11-04-2011, 04:26 PM
bulletoothhulk bass fishing this time of the year in a park is tough. Iv'e been making love to my catfish almost every evening at Ralp B. Clark park. You want to know how many bass iv'e sean caught in the last 3 months, ONE. You should try fishing for them in the spring time. That's a tip you can take to the bank.The bass are about to go crazy. Get some swimbaits.

bulletoothulk
11-04-2011, 05:13 PM
I have been fishing Ralph b for a year with no luck , I was at laguna last week and did really good , when they start to plant I will for sure be throwing swim baits

BUSTER124
11-04-2011, 06:04 PM
Hey bulletoothulk, I was at that same park and caught this nice 3 pound 13 oz. I think that catfishing guy was there when I caught it. .They are there, you just gotta work at it a bit..

jerryG
11-05-2011, 12:51 AM

I do understand as I have two kids myself 5 and 7 year old boys.. My advice is to take them fishing as often as you can. It will lead to memories that will last a life time and they will thank for it later. This is what my father did for me and his father did for him.

JerryG

djkim1
11-05-2011, 01:23 AM
Hey bulletoothulk, I was at that same park and caught this nice 3 pound 13 oz. I think that catfishing guy was there when I caught it. .They are there, you just gotta work at it a bit..

Nice fish. I was at Ralph B today after the rain, saw a number of healthy-sized bass, at least 18-20 inches. I was throwing various plastics on a texas rig, no luck at all. What's working right now?!

bulletoothulk
11-05-2011, 09:37 AM
@ djkim was there this morning at 7 am same thing no luck , did see alot of big fish , guess you got to put in a ton of work or have a lot of buddies that fish it, good luck

white belt
11-05-2011, 02:00 PM
Nice fish. I was at Ralph B today after the rain, saw a number of healthy-sized bass, at least 18-20 inches. I was throwing various plastics on a texas rig, no luck at all. What's working right now?!

Hey I was there too. Did you see a guy in a Bills sweater? I saw those same huge bass and they weren't biting anything I threw either. I threw rat-l-traps, super spots, jigs, drop shot worm and a spinner! Man...

When I was walking around I saw a fish's tail sticking out of the vegetation so I poked it and it was a bass! He swam under the weeds and came out 10 ft away on the other end. Must be a lot fish hiding underneath the heavy weeds.