PDA

View Full Version : Lake Gregory 10/28

CraigH
10-28-2011, 05:11 PM
Fished Lake Gregory from 8 to 2 today for no trout. Worked the shore around the dam/inlet/bridge with everything from powerbait to spoons, spinners, jigs, and trout worms. I usually catch several along this shoreline - maybe they are moving somewhere else as the water cools down?

TheAsianGuy
10-28-2011, 07:40 PM
That's sucks to hear. I'm surprise. A few of the local there confirmed they caught a few trouts at the picnic area during early morning hours (6 to 9am). Died until 1pm, and resumed again until 4pm. Picked up again from 6pm to 7pm, then just stopped. Did you see an old white guy (Ed) there, who likes to wear his San Fransisco baseball cap, a grey/latte jacket, using 4 ultra/micro-light gears from Shakesprear. He's there every day. He always walk away with his limit, or at the worst, 1 trout for dinner. So far, he said on average he caught 3 before 9am, and one or two during noon hours.

CraigH
10-29-2011, 02:41 AM
Didn't see anyone with that description. Talked to two guys. One had a straw cowboy hat and was driving a white pickup truck (didn't catch anything) and the other was wearing a tan knit cap like you wear in cold weather (caught and released one small stocker). I have a bad back and forgot the meds so I just fished the one area of shoreline. Checked out the Chamber of Commerce area on the way out (group of 4 caught 4 trout total). Will be going back up one day next week and work my way around the lake starting with the Chamber area.