PDA

View Full Version : Knabe Katch Fishing Derby La Mirada Regional Park 10/29/2011

manuel149
10-27-2011, 08:47 PM
Who else will be there??? Good place to take the kids and get hooked. ( on fishing )

Carptain_Bao
10-28-2011, 07:58 AM
Any more info?

etucker1959
10-28-2011, 03:07 PM
I am going to be there, what do you want to know? Before anybody ask any questions, I can honestly tell you all my answers are going to be really good. I'm not guessing about that little lake because, I AM THE MAN (lol)

plumber2001
10-28-2011, 04:50 PM
etucker1959..aka the man.thinking of taking my 13 old doughter.the park said 15 and younger.parents can set up and throw out lines.whats good for bait.power,nitecrawlers,spinners.any help ty

etucker1959
10-29-2011, 09:01 AM
We headed over to Clark to do some catfishing, and I just checked my post. Sorry if it's late for the derby but hers the info. It's a catfish derby and they really overstock the lake with a lot of catfish. You only need to fish one of three baits. Shrimp, Mackeral, or the famous M&M. (marshmellows and mealworms combo) Fish a slideing sinker rig. I would use a quarter or half ounce weight, hook size no. 6 with M&M, 4 or 6 with shrimp, 2 or bigger with mackeral. Where to fish. The two best spots: one of them is the middle sections of concerte, the other is by the umbrella tree in the narrow section of the lake. Good luck. If the crowd is to much for you, go to Clark in the evenings. We have been pounding the catfish every night for two months in a row, we caught 14 in an hour and a half last night. But it wasn't just us everybody who stayed late caught a bunch. Any questions don't be afraid to ask.