PDA

View Full Version : half off wednesday 10/26 first dvl trip

caliranger10
10-27-2011, 04:09 PM
well i live up in castaic and all we hear about is the monster fish common out of dvl...me and a buddy decided to take advantage of the killer wednesday boat rental deal and made the long drive to dvl...got to the lake around 630, first mistake lol there were about 50 cars in front of us, but it surprisingly moved pretty fast once the gates opened. Got checked in and on the water by about 7:30 and headed out to the back of the lake. Most everybody with a boat stayed near the marina to throw swim baits because we all watched the trout truck pull up and dump 1000 pounds. got to the first cove and started working the drop shot and within about 2 hours pulled up 4 lmb's but nothing to be to to proud of. we kept working the shoreline but to no avail. noon hit and time for lunch, we saw a group of 6-8 boats posted up on a point so we figured we would soak some chovies while we ate lunch. people were pulling stripers up left and right but i didn seem to be so lucky. the later half of the day had a few bites, nothing stuck, checked out the bouy line with no luck...at about 4:45 we were in a cove throwing swim baits when we heard a huge boil next to us, quickly switched to the top waters and started casting out my buddy caught one first on the sammy but the fish inhaled it so he had to find the plyers and ended up breaking off the treble in the fishes mouth (game over for him hahahaha) i than pulled one out on the zara spook and my dumb a** got so excited i grabbed the net and pulled it in but stupid me forgot spooks have trebles...so after all that we only pulled 2 stripers from the only boil we saw all day...lol thats fishing i guess...we headed back home with 2 keepers so at least we beat the skunk...
P.S. the lake turned HARD!!! i thought i was casting into a grass field