PDA

View Full Version : Any Perris Swimbaiters looking for partners?

20pounder
10-27-2011, 03:06 PM
Gonna start shore fishing Perris in the afternoons......probably 2-3 times a week until the algae clears at DVL. Gonna move a lot and chuck big baits. Anyone interested in going let me know. All my friends are nerds and dont have any ballz.......their wives punk them around or they just don't like fishing in general. I'm in search of a 20 plus pounder this year.......Looking for new friends. I'm pretty knowledgeable about fishing and am always looking to improve.....see ya at the lake!

white belt
10-27-2011, 03:15 PM
I'll probably be back at Perris in a few weeks to camp and fish. I bought a castaic 4" swimbait with the boot tail and it swims sideways! Pissed me off. I got some new rat-l-traps though so I'm excited to go back. I wish it was close enough for me to just go after work haha

20pounder
10-27-2011, 03:18 PM
I'll probably be back at Perris in a few weeks to camp and fish. I bought a castaic 4" swimbait with the boot tail and it swims sideways! Pissed me off. I got some new rat-l-traps though so I'm excited to go back. I wish it was close enough for me to just go after work haha

Yeah.......save your money and get a Triple Trout or a couple of Hudds and they will last you longer then those castaics.

white belt
10-27-2011, 03:22 PM
Yeah I heard good things about hudds. Thanks man and good luck!

tacklejunkie
10-28-2011, 04:55 AM

tacklejunkie
10-28-2011, 05:15 AM
.............................nm

Sublime-Steve
10-28-2011, 07:28 AM
LOL TJ... just say it..

tacklejunkie
10-28-2011, 08:04 AM
Meh I just realized I spent too much time and money and blood, sweat and tears learning the info I posted in the public.

PM me if you want my minuscule opinion about current swimbaiting around Perris and DVL.
For one I do it alone so I'm quiet and don't spook big smart fish.

bassgrabber1
10-28-2011, 08:20 AM
We were throwing out a few yesterday ...I landed one on a small swimmie but nothing hit the BBz.

tacklejunkie
10-28-2011, 08:22 AM
That's a productive bait at Perris.
Leave everything else at home for a few weeks and just bring the BBZ. You'll make it happen.
My first swimbait fish was a 3-4lb at Perris on the bbz slow stink.
I was screaming all the way home. People heard me screaming across the lake. I came on here and reported it as a 6lber I was so stoked. lol

Perris is where I learned a good majority of my bass fishing skills.
There and a few closed down farm ponds and Silverwood.

tacklejunkie
10-28-2011, 08:32 AM
6.5 at perris in float tube on BBZ
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff280/tacklejunkie/Perris%20Swimbait%202-28-08/DSCN5987.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff280/tacklejunkie/Perris%20Swimbait%202-28-08/DSCN5985.jpg

7lb on pontoon at perris on BBZ. Spun the whole boat around, took me for a ride and pulled drag!
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff280/tacklejunkie/Perris%20Swimbait%203-11-08/DSC_0035.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff280/tacklejunkie/Perris%20Swimbait%203-11-08/DSC_0033.jpg

tacklejunkie
10-28-2011, 08:33 AM
The way the fish have been taking off at Perris, I'd estimate you guys should be able to stir up one of those feisty 8lb females now days on the BBZ within a season or so. Maybe more DD's soon.

That's a good bait despite being somewhat heavy and only very slightly deprived of a small amount of action you can get it to have. ;)

fishindude420
10-28-2011, 09:47 AM
bbzs are overrated!lol! Dont get me wrong they still catch fish but that bait has been out on the water so much in my opinion even if you tweak it out a bit its still something they have seen before. Its all about the homemade plugs now. Ive stuck more fish on my homemade swimbaits in the past month then i have in the past couple years on store bought swimbaits. I think new action and new pattern Equals BIG FISH that are smart to the regular store bought swimmys they see every damn day. That new action just drives em crazy! Ive been sticking pigs at these city park lakes on my homemade baits and there tough to get on ANYTHING else.

Hey 20 pounder ill be hitting it up in a couple weeks when i get some free time chucking those swimmies! ill pm yah when i head down

20pounder
10-28-2011, 09:56 AM
:EyePop:
bbzs are overrated!lol! Dont get me wrong they still catch fish but that bait has been out on the water so much in my opinion even if you tweak it out a bit its still something they have seen before. Its all about the homemade plugs now. Ive stuck more fish on my homemade swimbaits in the past month then i have in the past couple years on store bought swimbaits. I think new action and new pattern Equals BIG FISH that are smart to the regular store bought swimmys they see every damn day. That new action just drives em crazy! Ive been sticking pigs at these city park lakes on my homemade baits and there tough to get on ANYTHING else.

Hey 20 pounder ill be hitting it up in a couple weeks when i get some free time chucking those swimmies! ill pm yah when i head down

Sounds good bro.........I'm sure I will be there. Bring a couple extra homemade baits with you in case you are catching some and I'm not....I might have to buy a few from ya!

fishindude420
10-28-2011, 10:05 AM
sounds good man! yah ill bring a few extra down incase you wanna chuck some around too! There not professional realistic airbrush paintjobs but these baits arent made to look pretty and catch fisherman i made them JUST for catching fish! lol.

tacklejunkie
10-28-2011, 10:09 AM
lol I guess the Hudd doesn't work anymore either. Fish see that too much.

Fish will be chewing BBZ's and hudd until the end of time.

Half the people throwing them don't know how what when or where and give up quickly.

At dvl, one of the highest pressure swimbait lakes, the BBZ is still working good.

Accept there I use a customized floater.

fishindude420
10-28-2011, 10:40 AM
damn right they see it too much.like i said they still catch fish just like any bait out there if you throw it long enough your going to catch fish. But like i said. I spent lots of time on the water and in my opinion something thats not in everyones tackle boxes work a hell of a lot better. Like i said i got more fish on swimbaits this month since i started making them compared to all last year maybe 2 or 3 years i didnt count the fish.lol. with store bought swimbaits. and i assure you ive been swimbait fishing longer then you im pretty sure i know what im doing so dont try to say" HALF THE PEOPLE THROWING THEM DONT KNOW HOW WHAT WHEN OR WHERE AND GIVE UP QUICKLY". I know damn well your that half. You always talk about swimbaits and all these techniques but i RARELY see you catch fish on them.lol. your last post you were talking about all these guys at dvl throwing swimbaits not knowing what the hell there doing but if im correct you got skunked on swimbaits that day? lol, how does that make you any better then them? You wanna talk about people who KNOW how to throw swimbaits to learn from butch or some of the other big guys out there that know exactly what there doing. Your still a level 1 apprentice! lol

fishindude420
10-28-2011, 10:42 AM
im sure the bbz is working well out there but talk to some of the guys who make there own plugs and fish them out there i bet there doing a hell of a lot better

20pounder
10-28-2011, 11:00 AM
In my own opinion, half of the battle is being in the right place at the right time. I don't get out nearly enough to get good at swimbait fishing. I just go out and buy nice stuff and when I get the chance to fish with it, I do...lol. I don't even have my own boat. When you have to fish from shore and deal with all that madness, it gets even tougher. Any bait now days will catch fish if you use it long enough.....but ya, if you are able to come across baits (or make your own) that people don;t use on a regular basis, I think, will up your odds. Getting that extra, unique movement that the fish don't see everyday would surely be benefical to you. I just want to catch a 20 pounder so I can retire......LOL

fishindude420
10-28-2011, 11:06 AM
In my own opinion, half of the battle is being in the right place at the right time. I don't get out nearly enough to get good at swimbait fishing. I just go out and buy nice stuff and when I get the chance to fish with it, I do...lol. I don't even have my own boat. When you have to fish from shore and deal with all that madness, it gets even tougher. Any bait now days will catch fish if you use it long enough.....but ya, if you are able to come across baits (or make your own) that people don;t use on a regular basis, I think, will up your odds. Getting that extra, unique movement that the fish don't see everyday would surely be benefical to you. I just want to catch a 20 pounder so I can retire......LOL

lol i hear you on that one man! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm 20 pound largie. i can only dream! hahaha. Yah i fish from shore alot too man it can be stressfull at times! haha

20pounder
10-29-2011, 12:02 PM
I'll be out Sunday morning from about 6am till 10ish before football starts throwing swimbaits from shore. If anyone's going let me know so I can show you my 10 pounder I'm going to catch......peace!

BASSMITH
10-29-2011, 04:46 PM
I plan on going tomorow , throw some new baits from shore. what area will you start at.

flea addiction
11-02-2011, 07:39 PM
You would think with a handle like fishindude420; you would not have so much anger built inside. I do not know tacklejunkie but I think he is just trying to help the guy out. I think you need to smoke better green!

tree
11-07-2011, 07:18 AM
TJ has the low down and some of the knowledge for swimmies. IIRC, he got a nice largemouth out of Fairmount with a swimbait no?