PDA

View Full Version : Lake off Florence and the 605fwy

karlkrger
10-26-2011, 10:54 AM
anyone fish there? how is the bite? is it any better then cerrtios?

FISHINGVATO562
10-26-2011, 11:12 AM
I've been there a couple of times but skunked everytime. First time I went I saw a decent sized carp. Ive talked to the regulars and they just wait for DFG to stock, otherwise they say the birds will get the fish within a couple of days. In my opinion Eldo is a better fishing lake.

ityperx
10-26-2011, 11:19 AM
anyone fish there? how is the bite? is it any better then cerrtios?

Are you talking about Downey Wilderness Park? Info on it is here on the site: http://fishingnetwork.net/index.php?pageid=Downey-Wilderness-Park-Lake

They charge 2 or 3 bucks on the weekend, fishing is only good during dfg stocking, aside from that you'll only be catching gills from either pond. There's a few carps and kois there as well at the larger pond. Hardly see anyone catching bass, and there's no crappie's there...

TUNAVIC
10-26-2011, 01:46 PM
As mentioned,the fish trout,last there only about 2-3 days after dfg stocking,alot of locals,most are pretty cool guys,fish seem to like the jigs there,way to many Cormorants,not alot of room also not to bad during the week.

Lakerfan160
10-26-2011, 04:17 PM
theres mostly bluegills there and a huge white koi. its almost been a year that i have fish there, but like TUNAVIC said the trout dont last long i usullay went on saturdays and caught only one trout and the only trout i caught.. people rape this lake by taking a basket full of trout. the birds always out fishies me there :). i will be fishing and a will see a bird come up with a trout wigging in his mouth. but good luck out there :)