PDA

View Full Version : anybody know about lakewood golf course

oldfishguy
10-26-2011, 01:27 AM
i was told that there are some nice bass in the lake there anybody know anything or willing to go fish it with me ninja style one night whats the worst that can happen jail,lol

BUSTER124
10-26-2011, 01:32 AM
I used to fish that back in the day and while they were doing a golf course remodel. Yes , there are nice bass in there but the residents that live across the street will call the police. Been there, got hauled in. No arrest, just a warning..

oldfishguy
10-26-2011, 01:43 AM
thanks for the info still wanna do it,lol wonder how late the neighbors are up at night is there a way to not be seen by the people across the street.

BUSTER124
10-26-2011, 07:49 AM
I live in the area, I will send you a PM

Danny300
10-26-2011, 07:57 AM
way to burn up another spot....way to go!

oldfishguy
10-26-2011, 09:14 AM
wasnt burt until u made it obvious i was just asking about it.

THROWBACK RANGER
10-26-2011, 09:20 AM
some other clowns burnt it up not that long ago by vandalizing the snack stand and they carved a swastika in the grass. very unkind!!!! ever since then the police have been on patrol plus helicopters!

Viejo
10-26-2011, 10:49 AM
i was told that there are some nice bass in the lake there anybody know anything or willing to go fish it with me ninja style one night whats the worst that can happen jail,lol

Give it a shot, and let us know. No guts-no glory. Ninja style fishing is just an acronym for someone who fishes where they are not supposed to be. Like you said....what's the worst that can happen

oldfishguy
10-26-2011, 06:50 PM
cant belive some of the stupid people to vandalise something.wont happen here.and im sure the police are all over it.

Sour Mash
10-27-2011, 01:18 PM
I used to fish there alot here's the scoop the way I know it - last summer after the snack shop break-in things were still chill, no signs, front gate was open fishing was outstanding on dinky 1-2lbers in the big lake wfo, then a die off occurred that summer killing hundreds of thousands of dinky bass - shortly after some idiots carved a swastika into the greens (it was on the news pretty heavily for a couple of days) - after that came the police patrols the mending of fence holes, the posting of no trespassing signs, and the closing of the main gate - the fishing sucks these days I used to have 100 fish nights now your lucky to land a limit - the small lake has better quality fish we have caught all kinds of stuff in that pond, crappie, bluegill, catfish, bass, and have seen koi in there too - I stopped by a week ago on the way to another ninja spot and it still seemed hot to me - not really worth a couple of dinks - the Long Beach pd patrol that spot regularly now due to idiots - and as far as this spot being burnt it's been burnt for years 100's of guys fish there and the most I have seen at once was about 20 fisherman one night - so ya, your honey hole is dry and been exploited - good luck if ya fish it - Lakewood = bust/old news

oldfishguy
10-27-2011, 02:41 PM
yep your right but didnt see any cops luckly. it was worth a try . next,lol

Stormcrow
10-27-2011, 03:21 PM
Man oh MAN could I tell you stories about that place. Back in the 80's and early 90's it was HUGE OFF THE HOOK before the remodel. The fishing was SO good people would simply walk from the parking lot onto the course in the mid afternoon.

Back in the day, they didnt care.

Then, people started to have 30 kids and the population boomed. Left trash, bottles and cans, cut holes in the fences, acted like idiots. It was no wonder neighbors started to report them. A generation of entitlement scumbags ruined it for everyone else....

But boy...it was great back in the day when people had respect.

oldfishguy
10-27-2011, 06:36 PM
it is a shame what people will do to something nice just look at our ocean, maybe we can change things for our kids. and teach them to respect what is not yours.

BUSTER124
10-27-2011, 10:20 PM
See "oldfishguy" I was not the only one hitting that place. I remember playing a round of golf and seeing 4-5 kids fishing and nobody said a thing. Then, as someone always does, they screwed it up. My buddy is a pro at that place, I might hit him up... I will let you know if I find out anything.

oldfishguy
10-27-2011, 10:47 PM
cool was also thinking about taking up golf. maybe a ninja round or two at night might be interesting.

BUSTER124
10-28-2011, 01:09 AM
just throw a 2 piece rod in your golf bag and hit your ball in the lake. then pull your rod out and tell 'em you are just trying to "fish" your ball outta the lake and the big fish jumped on the end of the line..

reservoir dog
10-28-2011, 09:31 AM
just throw a 2 piece rod in your golf bag and hit your ball in the lake. then pull your rod out and tell 'em you are just trying to "fish" your ball outta the lake and the big fish jumped on the end of the line..

Actually thought about that a couple weeks ago when I played a 9-hole, but it wasn't at Lakewood.

oldfishguy
10-28-2011, 02:15 PM
good idea about the rod in the golf bag,lol or just do it the easy way and toss a stick of dynimite and watch the fish float to the top only down fall is the c and r is a bit harder

M6teenbam
10-28-2011, 11:07 PM
I love this conversation. I'm about to try and hit a golf course real soon.one real close to me. Buster, I know why you just got a warning. Lol. I'll let all of you know how my journey goes.

bman90278
07-07-2013, 08:53 AM
Lots of bassers been hitting Lakewood on a reg basis lately! According to my sources, there are times Lakewood has over a dozen anglers/ninjas hitting the lake at one time. Must have been lots of guys bragging about the constant WFO bassin.

Would love to hear of the largest bass caught there.

-brian