PDA

View Full Version : Castaic Boat inspections pushed back

SDDave
10-25-2011, 03:45 PM
Inspection have been pushed back until Dec.1 due to not having recieved all the equipment needed for the inspections! So this gives everyone more time to prepare.

kaneo
10-25-2011, 04:11 PM
dave, lori bennett told me that it will only be 2 extra weeks after nov.1st. there waiting on the tags to arrive.. and pyramid will start their inspections at the same time as castaic... so im expecting the middle of november if lori's info is correct ?? but who knows it might be december before there ready ?? i spoke to her last week reguarding this...

SDDave
10-25-2011, 04:18 PM
Just talked to her today when I heard from the gate house guy, also asked about the goon and it's should be a head of schedule also... Yeah!!!
Shad bites red hot have you been out at all...

SDDave
10-25-2011, 04:24 PM
Just talked to her today when I heard from the gate house guy, also asked about the goon and it's should be a head of schedule also... Yeah!!!
Shad bites red hot have you been out at all...

dixoncider
10-26-2011, 06:29 AM
So when they get all the stuff...It will be the same as DVL? if boats dry than you are let in and fish or whatever then on your exit they tag the boat so next time no inspection?

kaneo
10-26-2011, 07:19 AM
So when they get all the stuff...It will be the same as DVL? if boats dry than you are let in and fish or whatever then on your exit they tag the boat so next time no inspection?
yes, once your inspected you get tagged on the way out. and your good to fish castaic, pyramid... still waiting to see if piru will honor the tags ?

dogomudda
10-26-2011, 07:39 AM
Ok...so, my boat is finally, after 4 years is just about ready to dip into the lake. I was reading about boat inspections. My question is....what are they checking for and/or do I have to do anything special. Are there going to be any inspection fees imposed? Thanks. It's been a while since I have visited all you fabulous peeps and knew that I would be asking the right people these questions.

Coefficient13
10-26-2011, 09:17 AM
Swell, I need to design a kayak sleeve for when it rains, I believe, and perhaps finally alter my method of carrying that thing around.

SDDave
10-26-2011, 10:10 AM
Ok...so, my boat is finally, after 4 years is just about ready to dip into the lake. I was reading about boat inspections. My question is....what are they checking for and/or do I have to do anything special. Are there going to be any inspection fees imposed? Thanks. It's been a while since I have visited all you fabulous peeps and knew that I would be asking the right people these questions.

http://www.castaiclake.com/ansinspections.html

dixoncider
10-26-2011, 10:20 AM
IF they do it like DVL then , if you boat has even a dip of water in it your not fishing that day and will have to do the impound thing. The main thing that gets people is the lower unit on the engine.. Even after being out of the water for a week on my boat I can still get a drip of water out of it...check before you get in line.

SDDave
10-26-2011, 12:10 PM
Is that with a lockout cable on the boat ?
From what we've been told, once your inspected and have the lock out, your good to go and when re-entering the lake there's no re-inspection, dripping or not.

dixoncider
10-26-2011, 12:37 PM
yes AFTER you have a band then you can be wet..If you were to take it off and fish another lake then it starts over with another inspection..BUT wonder what they are going to do on the first day? Can you show up with water? My guess would be that you should have you boat dry when the start...

JeffO
10-26-2011, 12:57 PM
What do you do if you garage your boat and it's 100% dry the morning you drive to the lake but it's one of those misty mornings where you show up to the lake and your boat is all damp? Are you not allowed on the lake even though the boat & trailer aren't wet from lake water??

baitfish
10-26-2011, 01:50 PM
What do you do if you garage your boat and it's 100% dry the morning you drive to the lake but it's one of those misty mornings where you show up to the lake and your boat is all damp? Are you not allowed on the lake even though the boat & trailer aren't wet from lake water??

At DVL they told me don't even bother coming if it is raining/misting and you aren't banded. They will not let you in. However, if you are banded it is a great time to go as only banded boats get in on those pre-front/front days wet days.

dixoncider
10-26-2011, 03:11 PM
No Band...dont even bother at DVL if its raining...really DO NOT EVEN GO...

dogomudda
10-26-2011, 03:15 PM
Thanks for the info. I am just getting so stoked to be able to use this instead of relying on my rafts.

JeffO
10-26-2011, 03:22 PM
I'm only interested in Castaic, Pyramid, and Piru since DVL is like 2.5 hours from me and has way too much drama....but if the new regs at Castaic are the same as DVL, then I guess it's gonna be a tough decision whether or not to get tagged at the end of the day because I love fishing Piru. If Piru honored tags that originated from Castaic or Pyramid, I'd tag every time, 100%.

dixoncider
10-26-2011, 03:52 PM
Might as well get the band, then if it's raining or whatever you can at least go back to where you were banded at. It's not easy getting the boat dry in anything less than 2 days for me. Lots of compressed air and shop vac.The water drips out of my trailer for a day, drilled a few drain hole to help.. Dvl is 2 hours for me and getting turned away would suck.. I have decided to just fish Dvl while the stripers are wide and then maybe next month go for trouts at irvine till next summer.. Good luck...

JeffO
10-26-2011, 03:56 PM
Might as well get the band, then if it's raining or whatever you can at least go back to where you were banded at. It's not easy getting the boat dry in anything less than 2 days for me.

Yup, good call. Better to fish any lake than none at all, that's for sure. Thanks man!

huddtosser
10-26-2011, 05:10 PM
http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff387/butchbrownbass/bass01/image6-1.jpg
http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff387/butchbrownbass/bass01/images7-1-1.jpg
I,m sure crawdads will be band at castaic, pyramid, and piru just like Casitas, DVL, and Cachuma lakes etc.from what I have read and have asked about with lake and dwp officials.

huddtosser
10-26-2011, 06:04 PM
http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff387/butchbrownbass/CaliforniaDreissenaMap-1.jpg
Some people bring crawdads from these areas.

Topwater Terry
10-27-2011, 11:39 AM
other than Casitas, nobody could be that anal or stupid...it will be a common sense clean and dry issue, and when your boat get inspected, it will be accepted at lakes such as Piru, Pyramid, Perris, and Silverwood....see, I said it would not be as anal or stupid as lake four stroke!!

JeffO
10-27-2011, 11:54 AM
other than Casitas, nobody could be that anal or stupid...it will be a common sense clean and dry issue, and when your boat get inspected, it will be accepted at lakes such as Piru, Pyramid, Perris, and Silverwood....see, I said it would not be as anal or stupid as lake four stroke!!

That's what I wanted to hear. Thx Terry!