PDA

View Full Version : AqueducT

Poseidon
10-25-2011, 11:16 AM
Hey guys, its going to be my first time fishing at the aqueduct this weekend. I have my gears all ready. For bait I am going to be using chicken liver and makeral. The only problem is i dont know what part of the aqueduct to go it. Any tips would be very helpful. Hopefully I get myself hooked up on some fat cats or stripers

AqueDuck
10-25-2011, 12:22 PM
Freeborn rd and 7th standard rd locks have been good for me in the bakersfield area. It's a little out there from los angeles but you asked. The buena vista golf course spot is usually good too and closer but I haven't been there in some time. It's usually crowded there. Trying the highway 166 siphon spots off I5 would be a lot closer for you. Pulled some nice cats out of there and of course stripers. Fresh frozen shad is my preference for bait but liver, sardines, anchovie can all work. Never tried mackerel. I would plan to go during the day to get familiar with the place. Night bite is good too but for the first time I would avoid it.

sumojo
10-25-2011, 12:26 PM
Johnson rd , 70th west are good spots and you can walk along the duct for other spots . if you go on Google earth you can look along the duct were there are roads that cross the duct and read up on some threads in the forum read this from Bassnman mike great right up about the duct fishing.
http://bassnman.com/fishing-tips/ca-aqueduct-fishing-tips-and-techniques/

Poseidon
10-25-2011, 12:29 PM
Thanks guys, I really appreciate the info.

sumojo
10-25-2011, 12:41 PM
Hey Poseidon good luck and have fun out there and be careful out there at the duct.

fish-o-haulic
10-25-2011, 04:20 PM
Thanks guys, I really appreciate the info.

Overall try way outta the way places. hope your using heavy gear too, for your first time Im with aqueduck dont nightfish till you get the hang of it. and use moderate to heavy line. chicken liver anchovies and stuff like that is good. Cant really tell you places by LA but google earth is where us duct regulars find new places to fish.