PDA

View Full Version : Going to BBL. Any advice or updates appreciated

BigE
10-24-2011, 09:35 PM
I'm heading up to BBL on Thursday (10/27). Taking my boat and gonna work on the trolling for trout. Any advice or updates would be most appreciated. The launch and marinas are open through October right? Big E

jpod
10-24-2011, 11:18 PM
im heading up ther tomarrow so any news on the trout bite would be nice bfor 5 am lol gonna float tube the dam area papoose bay boulder bay area and how is the small mouth bass bite ive never caught one that would make my day any spots for the small mouth

etaggart
10-25-2011, 05:56 AM
Hey All - Not sure about the trout bite, but people I've talked to are saying they're marking 6' to 15'. I assume you'll to OK on the west end. If trolling, multiple lines and try everything. Needlefish are standard, had luck adding a big dodger less than 12" away from the lure. Not sure whether slow and steady or erratic is the call. Also try drifting powerbait at different levels once the wind picks up - head up wind, put out lines, let the boat drift for the super slow troll.

Report back!!

Eric

jpod
10-25-2011, 06:19 AM
gonna leave the house rite now lol gotta have the wake and bake
session first tho lol

GdHkSet1
10-25-2011, 08:20 PM
I'm heading up to BBL on Thursday (10/27). Taking my boat and gonna work on the trolling for trout. Any advice or updates would be most appreciated. The launch and marinas are open through October right? Big E
BigE,
Went up to BBL last OCT, we got some trolling with flashers and dodgers use a 18-24" flouro leader if you have that stuff and some NC. If you got leadcore or downrigger = get it down to where you are metering fish, we were getting them down 18' and deeper. Alsow foshed CD5's and got some on gold kastmasters, but most wanted the meat-good luck and post your report with PICS!