PDA

View Full Version : Quail Lake.... just.. wow....10-22-11

Trout Chaser1
10-24-2011, 09:00 PM
Sorry for quick bad report but just had to post33547335483354933550
Went to bed 1:30am.. woke up 3:30 am... left to quail lake 5:00am.. got there sunrise... and just WOW!!!!!
Wasnt expecting nothing.. But once we get there im lookin for topwater I see a LOT of topwater action... thought it was seeing something.. Get a spot and gear up and cast 1 pole for bait, then jeff and i see stuff jumping right next to us, I drop the other bait and just chuck lures... we see HUGE and I mean HUGE fish jump! It looked like a 2ft striper on the other side of the lake... We saw the whole damn thing out of the water once it jumped and it made a HUGE spash and boil... we saw multiple jump and just amazing..
got bored... chucked out some rotten chicken liver, 10 minutes later get a kitty. Then we go to the nice lookin spot and jeff gets a bite and on.. Thing is a HUGE LMG :LOL::LOL: (hes the one with the beanie, facebook pic right there) pics above... i switch to the worm and get 2.. im hooked at that lake.,... going to hit up quail lake this weekend and actually be ready and have my lures already tied on..... BTW, that was my first LMB :Big Grin:

juanmore951
10-26-2011, 01:14 PM
yeah bro nice. I'll be up there friday

reservoir dog
10-26-2011, 02:26 PM
When the stipers boil there it gets pretty crazy but you've got to have one hell of a cast to get to the middle of the lake. Unless you're willing to fight for a spot near the gate. Once while I was there a fish jumped and it sounded like a kid jumping into the water...you know that fish was huge. Congrats on your first LMB.

BlkManFishin
10-27-2011, 10:24 AM
I love quail lake... I caught a huge cat and a 2lb bass outta there during the summer.