PDA

View Full Version : Looking for help on Lundy Lake

billy b
10-24-2011, 07:21 AM
I like to stop at new places along the way when going to LA. I have a wife with some physical restrictions and wondered how close can I pull up to the lake? Any fishing tips?

THANKS much!

bstolton
10-24-2011, 08:56 PM
Hey Billy B
you can park just outside the dam, its a short walk to the lake and decent fishing right by the dam, if the water level is still up. Only been there twice, water level was pretty good in sept right after labor day. good luck.

MexicanPistachio
10-24-2011, 11:03 PM
if your wife has restrictions i do not recommend this lake. The walk from the dam parking area do the lake is a short walk but over rocks and loose gravel. If you do go bring her a some form of shade. I've been there at various times thru the season and always get burned due to lack of trees.

shinbob
10-24-2011, 11:10 PM
You can park right by the launch ramp and be within a stone's throw of the lake. Fishing on that end is not bad, either. The other end by the dam is a little tougher walk, and often the wind blows across the lake right into your face, making it harder to cast.

billy b
10-25-2011, 03:03 AM
THANKS for the help and suggestions ... keep 'em coming

Sounds like I should try driving down to wherever the ramp is. We've had very good luck just pulling up to the lake at places like Bport and Intake 2 where I can be close to the water and my special lady

smokehound
10-25-2011, 05:32 AM
THANKS for the help and suggestions ... keep 'em coming

Sounds like I should try driving down to wherever the ramp is. We've had very good luck just pulling up to the lake at places like Bport and Intake 2 where I can be close to the water and my special ladyNN--NGH! Heart-strings.. PLUCKED!! *implodes*

TROUT MASTERS
10-25-2011, 06:09 AM
Why dont you try silver lake ?
Lundy lake is too riscky.

billy b
10-25-2011, 10:42 AM
Why dont you try silver lake ?
Lundy lake is too riscky.

Good question. I haven't heard much in the way of good reports from Silver. I have fished from the shore just east of the inlet (towards Rush Creek) ... could fish the shore of grant if the water isn't too high

But, never been to Lundy and heard it was really good fishing

You suggest Silver/ I know you know Grant ... can I pull down by at the Rush end?

golfish
10-25-2011, 05:04 PM
billy b, if you have not been to Virgina lakes, that might be a good stop for you and your wife. You can drive right up to Trumbull, backup the truck and fish from the tailgate. The other two lakes are just steps away.

billy b
10-25-2011, 06:00 PM
billy b, if you have not been to Virgina lakes, that might be a good stop for you and your wife. You can drive right up to Trumbull, backup the truck and fish from the tailgate. The other two lakes are just steps away.

golfish (golf + fish?) ... great suggestion. We do well at Big B ... Lil V is not as accessible (I think) ... haven't ever tried Trumbull but have seen it ... so GREAT suggestions.

I was just thinking of exploring and doing some sightseeing with my social director.