PDA

View Full Version : silverwood 10-23 first time on tube!

kingfish2
10-23-2011, 02:27 PM
So i got up late this morning. (stayed up watching the kings win last night) so i get to the lake about 8 15. after i find a nice flat spot to get in the water im off in my tube. i fished what i believe is cleghorn. worked a dropshot with a margarita mutilator on it. first cast i hook up. i countined to catch fish for what seemd like everycast until 10:30 when i had to head home to catch the rest of the chargers game. i used oxblood and morning dawn as well all with success. i got at least 12 lmbs in that short time but nothing was big. all in all i had a blast really enjoyed the freedom the tube gave me and the fight of even the small fish was good. wanted to say thank you to endless season for the awesome t-shirt he sent me. wore it proud i will get better pics of it next time. not much room on the tube to take pics.

white belt
10-23-2011, 02:59 PM
Good job man. Is it easy to move around in a tube?

kingfish2
10-23-2011, 03:06 PM
It was today no wind to speak of and hardley any boat traffic at all.

ityperx
10-23-2011, 03:13 PM
hmm you fished at cleghorn too. I went there yesterday, caught about the same amount more or less, all the same size as yours. What was the depth you were fishing in? The Margarita mutilator is made by roboworms, Correct?

kingfish2
10-23-2011, 03:23 PM
yes its made by roboworm I caught them in about 25 ft of water it was nice out there how was it sat.

mjc89
10-23-2011, 11:04 PM
I have the same shirt. He sent me one.

seal
10-24-2011, 08:22 AM
Good job on the first tube! The fish decided to wake up yesterday, they were bust'n the surface late afternoon also.

Nessie Hunter
10-24-2011, 08:23 AM
Good job and welcome to Float Tubing.....
Cleghorn is my Fav spot, easy and convenient to launch and relax..
I just back down to the Hand Launch Dock and throw it in, park & fish...
Catching fish is just a bonus..... :-)

TheAsianGuy
10-24-2011, 12:49 PM
Great job! You manage to tube on a relative calm day down in the southern area. Trust me when I say listen to Seal and Evosamurai. Those two are crazy enough to tackle the northern part, and learned their lessons. Of course, Seal is a vet there..so, he built up his craziness from living and breathing on that lake :LOL: Right Seal?