PDA

View Full Version : The Manzanar fishing club

HBAR
10-22-2011, 08:58 PM
Hey everyone I had the pleasure of being able to see this movie today, all I and my family have to say is that as soon as it's out go see it. I can't wait for it to come out on DVD so I can buy it and watch it anytime I want.

DockRat
10-24-2011, 06:08 AM
Hey everyone I had the pleasure of being able to see this movie today, all I and my family have to say is that as soon as it's out go see it. I can't wait for it to come out on DVD so I can buy it and watch it anytime I want.

Been wanting to study the camp but obsessed on vintage surfboards lately.

This creative treatment of actual events is the brainchild of cinematographer-turned-director Cory Shiozaki. An avid fisherman whose parents were among the 120,000 Americans of Japanese descent who were rounded up in the immediate aftermath of Pearl Harbor, Cory has spent the past six years chronicling the untold story of this overlooked chapter in U.S. history.

http://www.fearnotrout.com/

DR

DockRat
10-24-2011, 06:26 AM
untold story of this overlooked chapter in U.S. history.
DR

Made me think of White Slavery in the USA.
F***ing British treating the Irish like dogs.

Why is so much US History overlooked or barely mentioned ?
The Japanese were rounded up even the ones born here ? WTF.
DR

Which Way Out
10-24-2011, 08:26 AM
DR there was a lot of FUD back then. ( Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt ). I Fear that it could happen again in so many ways with the times the way they are. May not ever happen, but you never know.

Sounds like a movie that I will need to see soon. Lots of history with some fishing tossed in.

trollmiester
10-24-2011, 01:40 PM
our own fear no trout on fnn since 1998,also he gave mwe my screan name,made the movie and i have seen it. makes your eyes water.

HBAR
10-24-2011, 05:14 PM
our own fear no trout on fnn since 1998,also he gave mwe my screan name,made the movie and i have seen it. makes your eyes water.

Yeah it was a tear jerker, after it was done Richard introduced some people and some of the fishermen that were there (at Manzanar) were also at the showing.

RiverWalker
10-24-2011, 05:40 PM
Hello Everyone!

I was just wondering where you guys saw the complete version at? I've seen a few of the trailers that Cory posted on his site a while back but I've heard nothing about the complete movie being released yet. I think I'm even signed up on their email list too and didn't get a message about the release. Considering that I am Japanese American and both of my Grand parents were also held in these type of camps (even though they were also born in the U.S. too), I've been really looking forward to seeing this movie. Luckily before my Grandpa passed away, I was able to sit down with him once and hear what they went through during that period. The bottom line is that most of them were all PROUD Americans at this point and felt betrayed by the U.S. government for doing this to them. But...Even after they were finally released, they were still proud Americans and some even joined the military while their families were still locked up to prove their allegiance to the United States. (The 442 regiment) My Grandparents understood the reasoning behind it but at the same time it went on for years and almost all of them lost everything they owned! When they were rounded up, they could only bring what they could carry. Everything else was either stolen, vandalized, or destroyed. Luckily one of my Grandparents neighbors took possession of their belongings and held it for them. On a happier note, since my Grandparents were so young while they were in there, they were actually having a good time mingling with other Japanese Americans kids like they've never done before. For the first time, they didn't really have to deal with the racism while living free in California. Anyways, Just thought I would share and looking forward to hearing where I could see the entire movie. Thanks!

Randy

HBAR
10-24-2011, 07:47 PM
Hey Randy, I happen to have seen a post by The Manzanar fishing club on facebook last week that said the first 10 people to reply get passes for this past Saturday, I replied 23 mins after the post.

RiverWalker
10-25-2011, 01:13 PM
Hey HBAR. Thanks for the information. I'll check out their facebook page to see if they have any info...Thanks again!

Fear No Trout
10-25-2011, 01:41 PM
I am please to announced that indeed after 7 long years of research and development that my film about the Manzanar Internees who snuck out to find brief moments of freedom fishing in the Eastern Sierra is done. Although screening was limited to just a few, I am in the process of submission to the film festivals such as Sundance and will be limited on when it may be screened until we get a some sort of permission or a theatrical distribution deal going. I will make every conscious effort and keeping everyone on this site abreast of screening developments and DVD opportunities for sale.

I do wish to thank everyone's support. You all have been great and especially patient for this project to come to fruition. I look forward to having the opportunity to make this available as soon as possible. To be informed with frequent updates please "like" us on our Facebook Fan Page:
http://www.facebook.com/TheManzanarFishingClub
www.fearnotrout.com or www.themanzanarfishingclubmovie.com
Thanks for starting this thread.

Warmly,
Cory Shiozaki aka Fear No Trout