PDA

View Full Version : silverwood tomorrow

kingfish2
10-22-2011, 03:59 PM
Hitting up silverwood tomorrow morning wondering how the water temperature is will I need waders or can I still go just board shorts. Has anyone had any luck with the stripers or trout. . Ill post a report when I get back hope it goes well.

seal
10-22-2011, 08:39 PM
I have found very slow conditions the last couple of days sorry to say. But if your targeting LMB's you should be able to get um.

I'm still in shorts without a problem, but if your tubing and will be in there for long periods you may want breathables on.

I'll bet it will break open again soon, maybe you'll be there on the right day!

Good luck

fish-o-haulic
10-22-2011, 08:49 PM
Seal is there nothing you dont know about silverwood. I may trek up there next year havent gone out this year or last. Had an uncle that went during the 90s when silverwood and pyramid had some of the biggest stripers around. Tell me does it seem that silverwood is having more slow days, probably not for you but for people that you may talk to. Lately ive been hearing that the wood is slower this year towards the beginning of august to now. But id like to hear from an expert.

seal
10-23-2011, 09:29 AM
Seal is there nothing you dont know about silverwood. I may trek up there next year havent gone out this year or last. Had an uncle that went during the 90s when silverwood and pyramid had some of the biggest stripers around. Tell me does it seem that silverwood is having more slow days, probably not for you but for people that you may talk to. Lately ive been hearing that the wood is slower this year towards the beginning of august to now. But id like to hear from an expert.

Well it all depends on your target. Just let me know when you are going to head up and I'll give you the latest that I know. Trout will take a few more weeks and plants to become more consistent, last weeks plant never happened. Schoolie stripers and boils I have not witnessed for over a week, not sure why, tons of bait in shallow in most coves, Silversides and more Shad than I've seen in years.

PM when you go (yup I cleared my PM's) and I'll try and help.