PDA

View Full Version : Lobster Newbie

ytail
10-22-2011, 03:56 PM
Have been fishing for many years but would like to explore the possibility of catching lobsters. What is the best way to start for a beginner? Any sport boat/private boat does that? I live close to Long Beach.

Re8elmonk0341
10-22-2011, 04:47 PM
Make friends with someone with a boat and have plenty of beer

JL
10-23-2011, 10:34 AM
if you want to pay for it and get advice at the same time Check out Dan Hernandez web page. Otherwise offer to go with someone on the website....look at previous posts and you will find the ones that hoop long beach often When learning note that the hooper who takes you out might what to keep the legals that are brought up.

You can send me a PM so i can communicate with you. My wife and my sons go but sometimes it is just my wife and i and we could use an extra hand. Maybe a month or 2 before we get a chance to take you
You will have to buy a lobster card and a fishing license.

ytail
10-23-2011, 11:55 AM
when you do this are you close to the breakwall? I wonder if it is close enough to cast plastics to calico bass.

if you want to pay for it and get advice at the same time Check out Dan Hernandez web page. Otherwise offer to go with someone on the website....look at previous posts and you will find the ones that hoop long beach often When learning note that the hooper who takes you out might what to keep the legals that are brought up.

You can send me a PM so i can communicate with you. My wife and my sons go but sometimes it is just my wife and i and we could use an extra hand. Maybe a month or 2 before we get a chance to take you
You will have to buy a lobster card and a fishing license.

Bowlfrogg
10-25-2011, 02:52 PM
dude, we drop nets, and then fish till we pull, we pull drop nets then fish again till we pull!

ytail
10-25-2011, 07:35 PM
sound like a lot of fun...

pescadormejor
10-28-2011, 03:05 PM
Try Rainbow Trout For Bait... I know that it makes no sense, but I have seen it work... ... ... Salmon Heads Too... If you can find them...

11-02-2011, 11:13 PM
Call Dan Hernandez..He has a charter and is always on the bugs