PDA

View Full Version : Corona 10-22

phishin phool
10-22-2011, 12:33 PM
Met up with Kelster hopin the tailwalkers would be on the chew by today, but that was not to be. Fished from 6-9:30 for the big :Skunk:, not even a crappie:Crying:tried jigs, powerworms, micetails and even a thomas bouyant.....for nada, not even a bump:Confused: I had some nightcrawlers but my tube was losin air :EyePop:so I left before I could use em. I saw one fish caught and I heard of one being caught from shore and a couple for some guys on a pontoon. Very crowded but very quiet, maybe one of the slowest mornings I have ever seen in 12+years fishing at Corona, with that many people and nobody gettin bit. Might get better as the day goes on and hopefully Kelster was able to pick some up after I left. Lookin forward to some sierra bows next week, they are more active after a stock and are not as finiky as tailwalkers. I metered alotof fish on the sonar but they just didn't want to bite. Water surface temp was 68.5so it was probably low 60's in deeper water, maybe thats a little too warm for em. Met Jigslinger, cool dude, nice to meet ya bro. Peace

jrockn
10-22-2011, 08:14 PM
ouch. Yea seems like corona is not doing so well. Everyone i've heard from or read from has had a bad expierence this week at corona. 22$ for nada, plus the drive. what a waist. Hope it gets better for everyone soon.

BLUE WAGON
10-22-2011, 08:24 PM
Im sure it will get better when the water temps drop. as stated in another post mid day water temp was 72 plus. a few more weeks and that should change

Troutman65
10-22-2011, 08:53 PM
Another reason the trout are not hungry or biting is that they may be eating the shad . I see a lot of shad in the mornings jumping. I also saw from the shore something chasing the shad and I don't think it was a bass. Yeah , the Mt. Lassen trout will be nice next week. All those trout from Nebraska are still in there . When they get ready to bite it will be Awesome . Thanks for the report . You will get them next time .

phishin phool
10-22-2011, 09:38 PM
Its been a rough week out there this week, compared to last week. But like Troutman said, all those tailwalkers are still in there and once the water cools and clears I think they will become more active. Sierra Bows on the other hand will hit just about anything put in front of them and seem to be able to handle the water conditions better.

Jigslinger
10-22-2011, 10:49 PM
Hey Phishin Phool. Nice meet you, bro! Yup it was SLOW and HOTTTT. We ended up with just that 1 trout and called it quits around 11. Hope you're right about the Sierra Bows next week.

Kelster
10-23-2011, 12:11 PM
Bad luck for phising phool and the leaking tube. Like he said water 68^ in the morning and up to 72^ later. I stuck around until they closed. After pp left I worked the opposite shore, saw lots of shad but no fish, shad were picking bugs off of the surface. I metered nothing but small fish there so there were no predators. I threw super dupers and jigs and no takers. I kept working south then was working the middle of the lake down there when a boater comes by and says he is going after cats. I remember I have the night crawlers pp gave me and decide to change things up. I thought that I was finally going to have the first skunk in a long time. I start heading for the sticks and I meter fish in 8' of water, tie on the crawler and within a minute the first bite of the day and a crappie.8"-9", 12:00 noon water 71^. I catch one more 10" and then I think that I am snagged so I kick back to the "snag" to get untangled and there the pole tells me it is no snag but a fish. Strong fight keeps to the bottom, I finally get it up and for some reason I am kinda freaked by what I see, "the first unmanly thing I did":Shocked:. The fish wasn't white, it didn't have any color, it's big and the dorsal fin is poking holes in my hand as I am getting the hook out. The mouth is round and I have never caught anything like it. I'm thinking about putting it in my basket but I have been C&R so much this year I just let it slip out of my hand. Finally talk w/ a boater and he says it was a Talapia, had to go a couple of pounds. After that short bites just stealing the worm. Met casting call at the cleaning station. Like everyone else saw fish floating close to shore and out in the middle of the lake also. Hope the water cools down and the trout come out to play. It only cost me a silver dollar, I have lots of them and if someone wants to give me $20 for them I will take that any day, you will never get the "spot" on your silver coins. I hope you can fix your tube for next week.
http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h326/kelima559/Snapbucket/2890cd61-1dd5-4f88-aef7-ad893ebdb48e.jpg

phishin phool
10-23-2011, 08:17 PM
Man you stayed all day, what a warrior. Great job on the slabs Kel, next time keep the talapia, ugly as they are, they are good eating. Glad the nightcrawlers were put to good use. Looks like I gotta send tube back to Outcast I cant find the leak, good thing I kept the old Caddis and didn't sell it. I'll be out there ths sat chasing some sierra bows. I'll hit ya up later in the week

Kelster
10-24-2011, 06:37 AM
Got my second wind after finally catching something and it was really nice on the water in the afternoon. Took my time learning the lake, there are quite a few snags out there. It was funny how that fish wierded me out, I had to cut a corner off of my "man card", it didn't fit in my net. I'm up for this Saturday if you can make it. I know now to pick up some crawlers when you fish there.

flea addiction
10-28-2011, 02:09 AM
You can call Outcast at (18002473432) and tell them that you have a hole in the seam. They will assume responsibility and just mail you a new one. If they ask you how old your tube is; just say that it is a couple of years old. They will have it to you in about 3 days.

phishin phool
10-28-2011, 08:02 PM
I sent it back to them on tues. Hopefully its a warranty repair. Flea addiction, thats a "different" handle. :)