PDA

View Full Version : Hesperia 10/22

Trout Daddy
10-22-2011, 11:43 AM
On Friday they put 1000 of Mt Lassen in the lake. Only 2 fish recorded caught on Friday. On Sat we set up at 0600 in the finger cove. My son decided to go Farmer John on me and missed 4 on a power mouse (Hesperia special drews custom with white egg). Threw jigs, worms, and everything else. Moved to the drain for nada and than the inlet for a few hits on jigs. Guy had 3 on stringer at inlet. Saw one other fish caught total. SLOW to say the least. The water is the worst I have seen it. It's pretty much dark green. Maybe after a few more stocks it will be good. On a side note it was beautiful till about 12 when the wind picked up.

FSHNLIC
10-22-2011, 03:03 PM
Thanx for the info... it may take a month or so to get that lake going... I prefer the Narrows myself once they get the county stocks going... Tight Lines!!!

J-Dub
10-22-2011, 05:31 PM
planned on going tmrw but after reading your report thnikng twice before ido....

Trout Daddy
10-22-2011, 06:07 PM
@ J Dub if u go get over by the inlet and use lots of scent. The water is about 2 inches visibility....

J-Dub
10-22-2011, 07:07 PM
thanx for the tip....did u by chance see anybody cathing any cats? called the baitshop and they said they stocked cats on monday...

Trout Daddy
10-22-2011, 07:22 PM
Nah didn't see any kitty's come out. There were plenty of people with heavy arsenal targeting them.

seal
10-22-2011, 08:35 PM
They need to do some work on the lake bad. I know Ed is doing his best but the water quality issues continue. I think the Parks and Rec people really need to do something or whoever has responsibility, I've been on their side for years but after fisihing Silverwood the other day I went over to check it out and it really is Linda Blair pee green soup water.

Hope that it's just a bloom or something, but not looking good.

J-Dub
10-22-2011, 10:36 PM
agree with seal....im sure that the economy plays a major part in why the lake is getting rehabilitated....

@trout daddy thanx for the info i guess my fishing trip is up in the air for now lol