PDA

View Full Version : Corona Lake 10 / 21 / 11

Troutman65
10-21-2011, 09:38 PM
After a great fishing day at Corona on Monday I headed to Corona today hoping for some more epic trout fishing . Arrived at the lake at 2 AM and was the 5 th in line . :Surprised: Oh well , glad I did not wait to go later in the morning . I was fishing with my friend Bugman Steve . We meet up with Drew of Drew's baits and scored a good color assortment of his trout worms .

The morning was overcast and the trout bite was not like it was on Monday . It was slow for everyone . That's ok because my friend Steve came bearing Tri-Tips and all the eats for the day . So while waiting for the trout to bite we BBQed Tri-Tip lakeside. :Big Grin:

I did manage to get one trout in the morning . Nothing happened till later in the afternoon . The Tail walkers did hit some plastic worms and later wanted the garden hackle ( Nightcrawlers )

Steve got on the board with a nice Tailwalker followed by two more . I did get two more trout for a total of 3 for the day . We really enjoyed the day and fishing . Had to work and wait for the trout bite today .

Stayed till closing . Had a great day at the lake with a good friend fishing .

Troutman65 3 trout for the day
Bugman Steve 3 trout for the day

Troutman65
10-22-2011, 07:11 PM
I did forget one hook up that I had yesterday . I was really tired when I was writing up the report ..

I had on a Drew's Green pumpkin seed w/ red flake worm on and I was sitting there and all of a sudden I noticed my fishing rod bend big time . I get up and the next thing that happened was the trout leaped out of the water 3 feet. I was like did you see that Steve ? He was Yeah I did ! . The trout frickin snaped my 4 lb. test line on that jump. It was cool to see that . Would of been better if my line did not break. :LOL:

phishin phool
10-22-2011, 09:43 PM
Sounds like a pretty darn good outing with friends, food, and fish......nice. Good job stickin it out for some fish, bummer bout the one that got away. You'll get em next time fosho!:Big Smile: