PDA

View Full Version : what is a good day to go to corona ???

TTT
10-21-2011, 05:12 PM
I have a question. what is a good day to go to corona? obviously it wasnt today. I went down there
because of the stocking wednesday. and the dam looked like the pier. could not get anywhere around there unless you had a boat or tube (i had neither). i ended up fishing in this small hole about 3 1/2 feet wide on the other side
where the people across from me were casting out what it seems was a 2 pound cannon ball. in which was going about 5 feet from my bait. after about 2 hours of dejection and nowhere else to fish. due to fishing pressure I decided to cut my losses. now I know corona has alot of patrons and understand that. but in saying that, maybe one of these patrons could tell me what day is a good day to go. maybe it was because of the tail walker stocking it was so busy. but what does anyone suggest. middle of the week? after a few months into the trout season or what. your input would be most helpful. and yes i know. i need a tube. but with the breeders cup 2 weeks away that is going to have to wait. no I did not see any catch anything. from my hole you couldn't see much. anyways i appreciate any info you give. thank you

Marley
10-21-2011, 05:21 PM
Shorelining at corona is a tough proposition any time, but especially right now. I always do well on Sundays, but that's from a boat. Haven't shored it there in years but when I did, it was always Mondays and with a lot more elbow room.

louie101
10-21-2011, 07:20 PM
I have to respond. I am a poor fisherman. I dont have a boat or a tube. Although my brother bought a tube on craigslist but yet to use it. Granted he makes much more than what i make.Ive been fishing corona since 07. I love corona lake. Yes it does get crowded. I would suggest fishing the thursday or friday after stocking. Also get there early. The earlier you get there the better the spot. My brother and I show up at 3am on weekdays and on weekends I sleep in my truck the night before in line just to get a good spot. When we pass the gate and reach the shoreline we do what we call (get prime real estate). We love it. Its just another day in this insane world of fishing at corona. Hope this helps buddy. Dont give up on corona. You will have some of the best days of fishing there.

Cheers

jrockn
10-21-2011, 08:44 PM
yes, heard weds. is the worst day to fish there. Every time its super crowded! how much is boat rental there?

Bogus14
10-21-2011, 09:22 PM
corona lake is always crowded, but I assure you that during trout season , you will always limit out IF the fish want to cooperate. I myself will hold out till either mid or late november to hit the water, once the trout spread out from the dam, thats when the real fishing begins. I always go the worst day, SATURDAY. Thats the only day I really have available and my buddies and I try to make the most of it. Ive been going to corona since 2007 and the money I've spent there I think I probably could of put one of my daughters through college by now. Anyway, got to get back to my beer.

Tight lines.

Tekktronic
10-23-2011, 09:43 PM
I have to respond. I am a poor fisherman. I dont have a boat or a tube. Although my brother bought a tube on craigslist but yet to use it. Granted he makes much more than what i make.Ive been fishing corona since 07. I love corona lake. Yes it does get crowded. I would suggest fishing the thursday or friday after stocking. Also get there early. The earlier you get there the better the spot. My brother and I show up at 3am on weekdays and on weekends I sleep in my truck the night before in line just to get a good spot. When we pass the gate and reach the shoreline we do what we call (get prime real estate). We love it. Its just another day in this insane world of fishing at corona. Hope this helps buddy. Dont give up on corona. You will have some of the best days of fishing there.

Cheers

Hahahaha I feel ya on that one.. The motor boats are pricey @ Corona: I tried it solo flight once, got skunked, and felt like a damn fool afterwards - and even if I DID catch one, that would've been a $70 fish. Even if I limited, that STILL would come out to about $15 per fish. IMHO the best way to go if you're planning to rent a boat would be to buddy up, share the cost of a motor boat rental.

Shorelining at corona is a tough proposition any time, but especially right now. I always do well on Sundays, but that's from a boat. Haven't shored it there in years but when I did, it was always Mondays and with a lot more elbow room.

Marley, do you still go Mondays?

-Tekktronic-

Island Fish
10-23-2011, 10:16 PM
If you are fishing on a stocking days or the weekend, you'll find it not uncommon for shore fishermen to be in line at 2am on these days, holidays can be worse. If at all possible I suggest you split a boat with a friend "go to the fish don't wait for the fish to come to you".

Marley
10-24-2011, 04:03 AM
...Marley, do you still go Mondays?-Tekktronic-

No, work changed and I work Mondays now. Great day to fish, though. Fish are acclimated and after having been scared to death by weekend pressure they're usually hungry and biting pretty good.