PDA

View Full Version : Late Lopez Report Oct 17

kobe
10-20-2011, 01:11 PM
Went up to Lopez Lake to camp with the family. Hadn't been up there since 2008 I think, man I missed this lake. Saturday night got pretty smashed sitting around the camp fire :EyePop:. So getting up early the next day was no easy task but managed to drag myself up at 6:30am. Me and my brothers loaeded up the boat and headed down the Wittenberg arm. Started out dropshotting roboworms, there was alot of bass boats nearby hooking up. None of us were getting any action so drifted into a nearby cove. The water was very still, then I saw some surface action. So switched over to a lipless crankbait in a shad pattern and the bite was on. The bass were on the chew and hitting the lure as soon as it hit the water. Ive had this happen before at this lake but usually only for dink bass. This time there were a few bigger fish mixed in (up to 2lb). We all landed our limits and even had a few double hookups, all fish were released. Weather was cloudy/cold in the morning but burned off by like 10am. The 3 hour drive back home didnt seem so bad after that.:Big Grin: Already planning a return trip