PDA

View Full Version : Perris with a bunch of new friends

headcase881
10-17-2011, 10:41 AM
Well went to perris for a little gathering with some friends and had a blast. fishing was slow on my part only brought in two but i did have the biggest thats all that matter to me. i based my days tactics on what i have been reading from pete i didnt bother much with the shallows bunch of young bass busting the top so i went deep and far man did i paddle that tube i was out fishing with konacrush and we took the distance. he kept telling me he had a good feeling for the paddle from bersconies almost to the island was gonna be worth it and it sure was for the both of us i got me a nice 18 3/4 she put up one hell of a fight . then i was shortly fallowed up by kona with his pig of 18/14 man it was close:EyePop: well that was all the action i saw for almost another two hours and this was eleven when i caught number one so number two came in right on the bersconies road at one and it was a dink not even 12 in

Kelster
10-17-2011, 11:39 AM
Read that you put on a great gathering. Wife kidnapped me to go to Oktoberfest in Big Bear. I'm going to try to get out there this Saturday. Is the water still warm enough to fish w/o waders?

headcase881
10-17-2011, 11:41 AM
the water is not bad if i had waders i would have had them on though. oh yeah it was a great time they where talking about another for sure

Kelster
10-17-2011, 02:22 PM
Thanks for the info. Still early in the week and I will decide whether to go to Perris or over to Corona. Either way it looks like it's back to waders. It was nice to just tube in shorts these past months.

headcase881
10-17-2011, 03:07 PM
Oh yeah that the great thng about so cal but now those trout trucks are coming in which means cold water. i dont have any waders at the moment. but if i am going to the november gathering at the harbor ill need some

bassgrabber1
10-17-2011, 03:18 PM
Great job out there guys!

TheAsianGuy
10-17-2011, 04:37 PM
Great work you two! It's worth every calorie you burn getting to that island for the bass hunt. Great going Kona. Hope you got the lake's bottom mapped out with your fish finder.

fishmounter
10-17-2011, 05:46 PM
Kelster- If we have another warm week, which it looks like we are, you don't need waders at LP, especially if you are constantly kicking along. Might feel a little cool when you first sit your butt down in the water (better than a morning cup of coffee!), but after a short time, you don't even notice the 72 to 74 degree water. Anytime now though, I expect cooler weather and it will definitely be wader time.

Konacrush
10-18-2011, 05:14 AM
For sure Asian and bassgrabber and Pete's post helped us out and head case and I had a good feeling about getting to the tire reef don't know if we were exactly on top of it head case and I went further than we did on Saturday . It was well worth the paddle mahalo to all who came next one is in November at a harbor in long beach I google mapped it and I think it's called Los Alamitos harbor idk for sure