PDA

View Full Version : Trout Stocking

NFCD I
10-17-2011, 09:45 AM
A friend told me he saw the trout stocking truck at DVL last Friday. Is it true or was he just trying to fire me up?

ghost2uu
10-17-2011, 09:52 AM
That was the truck that empties the porta-johns.

NFCD I
10-17-2011, 10:25 AM
That was the truck that empties the porta-johns.

Those guy's at DVL are getting tricky. The photo of the truck he sent me said "Mojave River Hatchery" on the side of it.

ghost2uu
10-17-2011, 10:44 AM
Those guy's at DVL are getting tricky. The photo of the truck he sent me said "Mojave River Hatchery" on the side of it.

Amazing what you can do with photoshop.

Adrian_trout_bass
10-17-2011, 10:45 AM
they did stock dvl thursday and friday....all the trout are in the marina though..

BiGPaC
10-17-2011, 10:57 AM
Fished on saturday with my daughter and the launch ramps were swarming with the freshly stocked trout.

IN2DEEP
10-17-2011, 11:30 AM
Fished on saturday with my daughter and the launch ramps were swarming with the freshly stocked trout.
Sunday too!
Trout were "hiding" next to shore from what awaits them if they swim out into deep water!

kwin
10-18-2011, 02:59 PM
trout were stocked in 2 locations on friday 10/14.

TroutOnly
10-18-2011, 03:57 PM
I did a guide trip on sat we caught stripers at the inlet and trout at the second stocking spot of the trout, the clients were kinda rookies so they had fun throwng lures at the trout,the big stripers will figure out were they are pretty quick and murder the crap out of them,,,,,,,,,,

ToadsToadsOnly
10-18-2011, 06:13 PM
trout were stocked in 2 locations on friday 10/14.

Hey Kwin I was wondering was the trout stock this past week the DVL bi weekly stock or the DFG stock?

Thanks

Fysher
10-19-2011, 07:06 AM
Toads - I believe it was the DFG because they were pretty small stockers. They were all schooled up in the marina right next to the boat rental dock. I was out there for the first time on saturday but got the skunk it's all good.

Here's what they said on their website "DFG stocked trout for the first time this year. Our Mt.Lassen trout plant is scheduled for the week of October 24th."

ToadsToadsOnly
10-19-2011, 08:28 PM
Toads - I believe it was the DFG because they were pretty small stockers. They were all schooled up in the marina right next to the boat rental dock. I was out there for the first time on saturday but got the skunk it's all good.

Here's what they said on their website "DFG stocked trout for the first time this year. Our Mt.Lassen trout plant is scheduled for the week of October 24th."
Thanks fysher, dang they put a load of DFG trout on the main ramp the jailbirds must of been feasting.

tacklejunkie
10-19-2011, 08:31 PM
Amazing what you can do with photoshop.

Hahaha :LOL:

Fysher
10-20-2011, 07:10 AM
They were feasting deep though not on the stockers yet, it was the first stocking, give it a couple more stockings and the jailbirds will be lined up for dinner.

fish-o-haulic
10-20-2011, 08:43 AM
They were feasting deep though not on the stockers yet, it was the first stocking, give it a couple more stockings and the jailbirds will be lined up for dinner.

Makes me kinda almost feel bad for trout. Poor little things basically stuck in these lakes as eventual striper food. LOL, I wonder if theyd get picked on as much if there were more browns in there.

seal
10-20-2011, 09:08 AM
I had a trout use me as a blocking guard recently, went right thru my legs and just in front of me (3' or so) a big striper did a uturn, smart trout.

Stormcrow
10-20-2011, 10:03 AM
I had a trout use me as a blocking guard recently, went right thru my legs and just in front of me (3' or so) a big striper did a uturn, smart trout.

At DVL??? how did it swim thru ur legs?

seal
10-20-2011, 10:19 AM
At DVL??? how did it swim thru ur legs?

Nope at Silverwood, sorry for the confusion, guess we need a Silverwood thread for me....

Fysher
10-20-2011, 10:37 AM
My opinion, they should just raise the stockers to be about 3lbs and then stock them, that way, they have a better chance of survival but then again, the DD linesides will be lined up to feast on them. Imagine that, a school of DD stripers just cruising around the marina area waiting for their meals to be dumped in hahaha

fish-o-haulic
10-20-2011, 12:37 PM
My first trip to lake San antonio I went to the tackle shop on the boat dock where your not allowed to fish. Saw a gang of minnows or shad one of the two. After watching em for a few I saw like 3 striped just start feasting those things. It was crazy it took everything within me to contain myself.

30lber
10-20-2011, 12:56 PM
They are fun to see coming out from the deep.
We rolled our pontoon right into an area and saw thousands
of shad run right under the toon...seconds later a bunch of striperss
rolled up from the deep clear water and went on a rampage.
Caught 2 in around 6 lbs before it died off.
Did see a few in the 20's in the mix.

Fysher
10-20-2011, 03:05 PM
I had a school of mini jailbirds swim under our rental at Skinner before it was cool to see so many of them just chasing the shad. A question about dipnetting for shad. Do you just pull up to the school and just dip the shad net down and get them or do you have to slowly put the net in the water and slowly move it towards the school? Thanks.

dixoncider
10-21-2011, 08:50 PM
Trout stocked at DVL today

ghost2uu
10-22-2011, 12:26 AM
Trout stocked at DVL today

Where was this at?

tacklejunkie
10-22-2011, 03:20 AM
Main ramp.
Fun fun fun!
They were all giant stockers. Bring your largest swimbaits. lol

There was drugged up 5lbers sitting with me on shore for a rest before they swam off again haha

You guys gonna have a good weekend.

I'll go mop up what's left next week.