PDA

View Full Version : A couple days of darn good fishing!!!

scott e
10-17-2011, 08:01 AM
Fished late last week for a day and yesterday as well on The Bass Taxi and had an AWESOME time! The first day, fished a little topwater for the stripers and had 3 real quick as well as several blowups (knockin' the spook outa the water, but not eating it). Then concentrated on the bass and had good numbers of 2 to 4.5 lb fish in 30' of water on points (c-rig). Landed this 24.5 inch solid 7+ lb fish on a topwater later in the dayhttp://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n483/otisbbl/dvlscottand%20joe/7plus.jpg!

Yesterday I took out Ken's kid Joe (the stud!) Ken had business to attend to so I offered to let Joe come along (so he could take care of some business, uninterupted). Joe and I fished from Noonish to 4:30 and concentrated on stripers. It couldn't have went better!!! Joe and I CLEANED HOUSE on the striped fish!!! 18 and a nice cat for Joe (his first) and we had so much fun!!! Here's a few more pics of fish and my lil' buddy!http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n483/otisbbl/dvlscottand%20joe/joestripecat.jpghttp://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n483/otisbbl/dvlscottand%20joe/sink.jpgThanks to the 2 guys (I won't divulge your names) in the bass boat that let us in on their area (We gave em room and they said GET IN HERE!) You guys made it very fun and Joe grew up a little thanks to the fun, friendly banter!!! Thank you to Bass Taxi for a bitchen boat and a nice service. Get out there and get some!!! Scott

p.s. Joe, I'm soooo proud of you! You can work your own bait caster, get bites on your own, unhook your own fish and stick em in the livewell, as well as net fish for me. You are a good fishin' buddy!!! Pretty darn good for an 8 yr old!

ddoskocil
10-17-2011, 08:43 AM
Very, very sweet!

30lber
10-17-2011, 08:54 AM
Very nice.
I think i seen u guys at the east end pulling in the cat.

goose2foru
10-17-2011, 08:57 AM
Sounds like you had a great time..

IN2DEEP
10-17-2011, 11:57 AM
Niiiiiice!
Any details on what you were doing for the stripers? (not location)
Sardines?
Depth of water?
Thanks

dixoncider
10-17-2011, 02:53 PM
Kid looks stoked for sure...he is hooked now..

ToadsToadsOnly
10-17-2011, 06:53 PM
The second picture is priceless nice Toad LMB and striper slayfest I need to get out there again I am already itching. Thanks for the report.

TUNAVIC
10-17-2011, 07:42 PM
Awesome I'm fishing there wed,glad to hear of your success instead of alot of controversy I've been reading on keep,release ect ect...great job! Actually I've heard the same thing for about 40+plus years.

scott e
10-17-2011, 08:24 PM
Niiiiiice!
Any details on what you were doing for the stripers? (not location)
Sardines?
Depth of water?
Thanks

sardines and spoons. 40 to 70' just on a deep drop off between two fairly shallow wide points. Look for trees on your meter and fish the deeper water outside, but only if you mark lots of active fish.

IN2DEEP
10-17-2011, 10:18 PM
sardines and spoons. 40 to 70' just on a deep drop off between two fairly shallow wide points. Look for trees on your meter and fish the deeper water outside, but only if you mark lots of active fish.
Great info!
Thank you for sharing :Thumbs Up: