PDA

View Full Version : 10/16/11 Skinner

bitesomthing
10-17-2011, 06:21 AM
Got out early Sunday, Blue sky's and warm temp.
Had a half dozen stripers hit the walking baits early and they moved out fast as normal, the stripers gave way to LMB and we then landed 4 or 5 nice sized fish with a bunch a small ones in between. We were off the lake early and home watching football by noon. Hard to be to effective on the fish when your fishing out of a rented pontoon, can't wait for new boat, should have kept my last one.One day i hope to learn the school patterns of the striper as well as P.A.W. knows em.

the photo of my partner with his Pb LMB. Didn't know my 5yr old son was in the lower left corner of photo molesting the poor fish as i shoot photo.

All in all good quick day on water.
Have a good one;
Chris

P.A.W.
10-17-2011, 04:59 PM
Actually, half a dozen topwater fish is a nice number! Truth is I don't know the patterns all that well. The darn things just keep changing the rules. Main thing I have learned is to stay flexible. Don't be afraid to move along if one spot is not producing, be ready to change patterns and presentations. I puttered around for almost an hour before I found 'em Sunday so it takes some patience. Not really good If you are paying by the hour on a 1/2 day rental. BTW Nice chunk!