PDA

View Full Version : Trip report 10/15

hooks
10-16-2011, 09:49 AM
Hey Viners,
Hit the vine again and boy, what an improvement. Arrived at 2 again and got an awesome patty melt at the tackle shop b4 hitting the water. All seemed slow once again until about 5ish. then the bite exploded !!! The fish slammed the shrimp non stop for the next 6 hours. It did seem to slow down about 8ish which seem to be the time the pros were hitting the water. By 11, I limited and got ready to leave. Pulling up the anchor to leave, I find 3 more cats wrapped around the rope. I released the fish after untangling them from a mess of line. My big fish were 6 and 7 pounders. An epic night for me for sure.
tight lines.....

dixoncider
10-16-2011, 10:23 AM
NICE.!!!..sound like a much better trip than the night before...

hooks
10-16-2011, 08:25 PM
Adam,
"Much better" is a under-statement.
Only a few more nite sessions left. I expect to hook into a few trout b4 the big opener. The water temp. seems to be dropping steadily. I'm still lookin' for that big cat in next few weekends though, I've been catching my biggest fish here as the seasons goes along. Lots of guys are still getting them in the shallows but they're small (so they say). The bigger fish seem to be showing in about 70 ft. of water.:Secret:
til' Fri-nite,
tight lines...

Hometown
10-16-2011, 08:34 PM
nice hooks i had a tough night but lots of fun.see you friday