PDA

View Full Version : rush creek

dbfishing
10-16-2011, 09:14 AM
Not exactly sure what kind of trout this is....guessing cutthroat?

FSHNLIC
10-16-2011, 09:16 AM
Gorgeous cutty!!!! They come up from Grant to spawn.... Niiiiiicccce!!

dbfishing
10-16-2011, 09:21 AM
thanks it was a nice surprise

sierraslam
10-16-2011, 09:46 AM
What a nice Cutthroat! Looks like you put in some work to get that big boy too. I new Cut's are in June Lake, but never new they are in Grant, and I would assume Silver too. Nice!

phishin phool
10-16-2011, 11:28 AM
Very, rare. Congrats on the beautiful fish!

FSHNLIC
10-16-2011, 02:42 PM
There's some biggies in there!!! Wldn't be surprised to hear about a dd cuttie coming out of either Rush or Grant ..... Dave, look familiar??? hahahaha

bstolton
10-16-2011, 07:29 PM
Wow that is one beautiful and rare fish. awesome

fishinone
10-17-2011, 02:38 PM
Wow! What a beautiful fish.

Were you expecting one like that?

Big Country
10-17-2011, 04:16 PM
that's a great cut out of that hole there...difficult spot to bring in a fish like that plus you can't hear crap cuz the water sounds like a jet engine.

I have lost a few nice fish in that spot...good job!

dbfishing
10-17-2011, 05:07 PM
ya for sure...right over that spillway there the trout were jumping up it going up stream....but ya that hole is awesome completely loaded...im lucky to have got such a nice lookin trout out of there..

Which Way Out
10-17-2011, 08:37 PM
You did good. Lot nicer fish than the one's we caught, but we did well last weekend.

jake2tay
10-19-2011, 06:40 PM
yes, amazing cut and extremely rare for Rush. been fishing it for 40 years and have yet to see one in that body of water or grant. Great job!

EMarty
10-22-2011, 11:36 PM
yes, amazing cut and extremely rare for Rush. been fishing it for 40 years and have yet to see one in that body of water or grant. Great job!

Been stocking Cutts on and off in the loop for many years. They are pretty common in June and Gull. However, I don't believe that trout was in Rush to spawn, as Cutts are spring spawning fish. Brown trout will spawn in Rush this time of year.

FSHNLIC
10-23-2011, 10:23 AM
Been stocking Cutts on and off in the loop for many years. They are pretty common in June and Gull. However, I don't believe that trout was in Rush to spawn, as Cutts are spring spawning fish. Brown trout will spawn in Rush this time of year.

Yes as a rule of thumb rainbows and cutts spawn in the spring, however, there are also fall run bows and cutts... those dark colors on that male definitely look to be "spawning" colors..... I know a couple places in the lower Owens Valley where the browns actually spawn in June/July so go figure.... water conditions play a big part in when they spawn and with the longer winter last year and the higher than normal water flows who knows.... gorgeous fish none the less

Piss on Myspace
10-23-2011, 03:04 PM
Yes as a rule of thumb rainbows and cutts spawn in the spring, however, there are also fall run bows and cutts... those dark colors on that male definitely look to be "spawning" colors..... I know a couple places in the lower Owens Valley where the browns actually spawn in June/July so go figure.... water conditions play a big part in when they spawn and with the longer winter last year and the higher than normal water flows who knows.... gorgeous fish none the less

awesome fish db....congrats

FSHNLIC do you see what i see?...... Im READY

sierratroutslaya
10-23-2011, 03:43 PM
I've probably caught about a dozen cuts out of silver/grant/rush combined.....Nothing that large though. We've caught good sized ones out of both June nad Gull. That's a beaut. Released?

dbfishing
10-23-2011, 06:43 PM
yup he is back in the creek makin some beautiful babies

Trout-Slayer77
10-24-2011, 01:05 PM
Awesome Cutty !! great looking fish... way to go ! glad to hear he is back in the creek too.

RiverWalker
10-25-2011, 01:02 PM
That's one beautiful Cutty you got there! I've caught a few nice Cutties out of Gull Lake in the loop before but I've never seen one in Rush before. I've heard that Grant and Silver lake had some so I doesn't surprise me. Very nice! Hopefully you released it safely but I;m not going to knock you if you didn't. Rush is always on my closer trip itinerary because of the huge browns that come to spawn from Grant. I'll actually be up there from the 3rd to the 6th of November. I've fished that spot before and always wondered how fish could get past that barrier while moving up stream since it's so steep in that section. Congrats! That pic pumped me up and now it's going to make the 3rd come ever so slowly!