PDA

View Full Version : 10/15 fishing DVL and met Big Daddy

BiGPaC
10-16-2011, 12:46 AM
Hey guys, joined up about a year ago but have not been around for a while.

Fished DVL 10/15 with my 5 yr. old daughter today. (This was my 6th trip to DVL on our "new" boat.)

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee133/jaehunt_2007/2004%20Starcraft%20C-Star%20170/Starboard.jpg

Still have not figure out the lake, another blank for us. (In six trips I have managed one 9" LMB.)

Oh well, didn't matter as I had a great day on the water with my daughter. She likes the boat and brings enough toys to play with to keep her entertained for a few hours anyway.

As we were leaving I saw a fisherman with a Team 57 shirt loading up his truck so we stopped to say hello. Ended up this was Big Daddy. It was great to meat you and get to talk for a little while. What a great guy to meet. He encouraged me to keep trying and reminded me about FNN and gave me some info on Team 57... hope I will be able to get involved in some of your activities.

We will keep on trying here as the ramp is literally only 4 miles from my house.

Here are a couple of pics of our day:

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee133/jaehunt_2007/Fishing%20Photos/IMG_4734.jpg

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee133/jaehunt_2007/Fishing%20Photos/IMG_4743.jpg

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee133/jaehunt_2007/Fishing%20Photos/IMG_4740.jpg

Good luck all,

Jason

Ifishtoolittle
10-16-2011, 12:53 AM
Hi Jason,

Time out with your kid is always great! Catching some fish is a bonus though. :LOL:

TrouTracker
10-16-2011, 01:47 AM
To BP- Thanks for the "family" report. Don't worry about blanks at DVL. It's a big lake to master, especially with all of the changes that have been going on recently. You've got to learn the lake, finding the tendencies of the fish and then you'll be fine. One suggestion for your child would be to do a little bluegill fishing w/ultra light rods. Give Matt a call at Last Chance and he'll advise you on the hot spots. Bluegill fishing will give your child something fun to do and great memories on the water.

Big Daddy's a great guy! He was first in line for the Striper King Classic and was quite the personality in line. He's got such a big personality, that he made waiting in line a fun thing. He's definitely one of the good guys out there.

Do your homework and speak with the boys from Last Chance. They'll put you on the fish and show you the stuff that you need to have. Best of luck on the water.........

Barry

dixoncider
10-16-2011, 05:38 AM
Nice boat..your stoked to be that close to such a great lake..there is a level of dialing in that must happen to any new lake..

SMEGLLY
10-16-2011, 06:58 AM
Go to the south side of the lake. Head a little east to the point with a weather station antenna. Meter them about 50 feet off the point and around the point to the west. Stay 50 feet deep and cast toward the shore with a bass chow 5 inch purple "fuchsia" worm on a Gamakatsu # 1 split shot/drop shot wacky style with a 18 inch leader with a bent in the middle 3/16 oz drop shot weight. Theres more colors and styles that work too. I use light line 6# Florocarbon. You may have a few snags and break offs but I got thirty LMB last weekend. Flu this weekend but back at it next weekend. Look me up, I'll try to help you. I'm usually in the front of the line. Dodge ram with camper, silver Ranger Z-20. Good luck

Karyn
10-16-2011, 08:08 AM
She's beautiful! (your daughter) and every photo she's smiling... looks like you two had a great time :)

BiGPaC
10-16-2011, 09:53 AM
Thanks for all the replies everyone.

We will keep at is as I am sure I will eventually learn to catch some fish here... :-)

I never really even considered bringing some bluegill gear, but that would be a great idea and my daughter would love that. I will have to give that a shot. I will see Matt over at Last Chance and get the 411 (nice being right around the corner from that store..).

Thanks again for the info. If you ever see us or our boat out there feel free to say hello.

Jason

ps. Karyn, thank you. I live your "avatar" or whatever that little pic is. I just sold my 05 Rubicon Unlimited and we are currently working on restoring
'63 and '69 CJ-5's.

Karyn
10-16-2011, 11:35 AM
Big Pac C- She's a JK- Rubicon- : ) LOVE IT! I also belong to a few off roading groups, let me know if you ever want to join us for a local run! It's a ton of fun!

Hometown
10-17-2011, 09:28 PM
Great report and your girl is addorable big daddy is a great guy i have been lucky enough to call him my friend for a few years and you should try to make a event.I forgot to mention Big Daddy makes a mean breakfast