PDA

View Full Version : OC Report

ViciousJellyfish
10-15-2011, 10:35 PM
Hit a couple OC city lakes in the recently... Here are my results.

10/11 - LMB caught on dropshot w 4" red plastic. About 2-3lbs. Released to fight another day.

10/6 - Kitty caught on C-Rig w cut bait. About 5lbs. Turned to soup, was delicious.

?/? - Carp caught on dropshot w balled up bread. :EyePop: Released.

They're not much, but my biggest catches of the year from city lakes.

Vic

bassdaddy25
10-15-2011, 11:01 PM
sweet catches man! im interested in fishin for carp. have tried to target em before.. never any dang luck. care to hit me with some knowledge.. what type of bread and hooks do ya use?
thanks either way

ViciousJellyfish
10-15-2011, 11:47 PM
Thanks! I don't normally target carp, but will try every once in a while. I heard carp dig dough baits, so when i saw this guy lurking in the shallows, I balled up some (wheat) bread from my sandwich to replace the worm on my dropshot, and gave it a toss. In my experience, carp are picky eaters. They don't commit to the bite, they like to taste test. So as soon as I felt a nibble, I set the hook and this guy took me around an entire cove before I pulled him up. It was 5+lbs, caught on 4# line, size 4 octopus hook. One of the best fights I've had in a while! They also LOVE corn.

djkim1
10-28-2011, 02:54 PM
Which OC lakes are those, if you don't mind me asking?

ViciousJellyfish
10-28-2011, 03:24 PM
After a long night working the graveyard shift, I like to hit Huntington Central in the mornings on weekends. Bass bite is decent in the AM (7-10). Lot of carps lurk there too, open water and in tules. Then weekdays, i'll nightfish at Tri-city. Cats and bluegills seem active at night there, but i'm not there during daytime to compare. I'll get a few bass here n there too. Seems quiet and safe there for late night fishing, for the most part. Those are my go to spots, but from time to time I'll hit Eisenhower, Mile Square, Greer, Laguna and any body of water i'm near when i feel like fishing. =P Good luck out there.

sshernandez
10-28-2011, 03:36 PM
Good job bro.. hit me up one day I fish in OC myself ... I like carp fishing with 2.and 4 lbs test it's. Fun

candyman
10-28-2011, 03:56 PM
believe me or not but theres a 20 lb carp in there maybe even bigger ones. great job!