PDA

View Full Version : It's time and we could all use a NEW VIDEO to get in the mood! LET'S GET IT ON!!!

sapdawg11
10-14-2011, 06:31 PM
I'm an addict and come this time of year, the twitching begins. Rods and reels fill the living room and coffee table. Float tubes and gear creep into the dining area, with the occasional inflation bleeding their roots into the kitchen. And then I break out the pics and vids...and it all falls apart. What was an excitement about things to come turns into a full blown fit. The pictures bring me back, the words fill in the gaps and the videos remind me of how much I truly love this stuff. My wife has grown used to it and with being 3 weeks away with having our first baby, she knows that she likely is doubling the number of addicts in our household. But it's the best addiction in the world and I wouldn't trade it for anything. No sport in the world gets me going like inflating my "floatie" (as the lady of the household calls my tube), stringing up the light stuff, and pulling on some trout. I have no idea why it does what it does, but, it does. And in flipping through some old video B-sides from last year during a substantial withdrawal, I thought that an addict always enjoys company, so here we go...A bunch of bits and pieces from last year that should get you in the mood!! It's game time, there is some insane stuff planned for this year AND I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU ALL OUT THERE!!! WOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knTshWVrrrM

TheAsianGuy
10-14-2011, 06:50 PM
Nice compilation. Too bad you don't have a "FISH ON!" or a "MUAHAHAHAHAHAH!" in a deep tone similar to the Mortal Combat theme song every time you get a hookset. But dang! Those fishes are good catches. Love that monster doing the twitch above the water in slow mo.

jpod
10-14-2011, 07:40 PM
i seen the video of u catchin the 5 lightning trout in 5 minutes that was awsome what were u using if u dont mind me asking and also im new to corona lake i was wondering are they really strict on catch and release. or after u catch ur 5 do u have to leave cus u caught thos 5 in 5 minutes was ur fishing day over ?

sapdawg11
10-15-2011, 04:47 PM
Nice compilation. Too bad you don't have a "FISH ON!" or a "MUAHAHAHAHAHAH!" in a deep tone similar to the Mortal Combat theme song every time you get a hookset. But dang! Those fishes are good catches. Love that monster doing the twitch above the water in slow mo.

Thanks TAG, much appreciated. I completely forgot that I got that on video until I was flipping through things just a few days ago!!

i seen the video of u catchin the 5 lightning trout in 5 minutes that was awsome what were u using if u dont mind me asking and also im new to corona lake i was wondering are they really strict on catch and release. or after u catch ur 5 do u have to leave cus u caught thos 5 in 5 minutes was ur fishing day over ?

Thanks buddy! I like the way you think..."What do I do after I slam 5 fish right away?" Pretty awesome. You've got all the answers you need in the other thread you posted BUT, I will quote a wise man who once said..."Man must catch limit before he must worry about what to do after limit is caught." So let's be sure to link up out there this season and see if we can worry about what kind of beer we want to cheers to after we both slam that 5 minute limit together (if your not 21, your root beer is on me!).

phishin phool
10-15-2011, 05:22 PM
Your gettin me stoked for the season brah!!! Lookin forward to seein ya on the water this year!

jpod
10-16-2011, 12:02 AM
Thanks TAG, much appreciated. I completely forgot that I got that on video until I was flipping through things just a few days ago!!

Thanks buddy! I like the way you think..."What do I do after I slam 5 fish right away?" Pretty awesome. You've got all the answers you need in the other thread you posted BUT, I will quote a wise man who once said..."Man must catch limit before he must worry about what to do after limit is caught." So let's be sure to link up out there this season and see if we can worry about what kind of beer we want to cheers to after we both slam that 5 minute limit together (if your not 21, your root beer is on me!).lol nah im 21 no rootbeer for me a nice shock top or blue moon will do just nice l lol but yea were goin out ther on monday so it would be awsome to fish with u pm me if ur goin on monday do u think thers any big ones in ther yet any DD'S

ViciousJellyfish
10-16-2011, 12:25 AM
Yup... video worked. I am now itchin for some fishin. Currently working the graveyard shift, gonna hit a lake when I get off in the AM.

sapdawg11
10-16-2011, 04:31 PM
lol nah im 21 no rootbeer for me a nice shock top or blue moon will do just nice l lol but yea were goin out ther on monday so it would be awsome to fish with u pm me if ur goin on monday do u think thers any big ones in ther yet any DD'S

If you can talk my work into giving me a day off to slam 'em on a Monday, not only would you be my hero, but I would absolutely join you tomorrow! But, a much more likely scenario has me out there a few days later. I don't believe any DD's went in with this initial stocking but I've heard of a number of fish over 5 pounds being caught and that's still one heck of a nice trout. If you're out there and you see a bright yellow fat cat or a blood red prowler, come on over and say hi. We'll clank a few 12 oz'ers. If I forget mine, be sure to pack one or six for me...

Yup... video worked. I am now itchin for some fishin. Currently working the graveyard shift, gonna hit a lake when I get off in the AM.

Awesome man! Thanks for the kudos in the best way imaginable!! Always stoked to hear someone get inspired to get on the water. Hope you killed 'em!!!