PDA

View Full Version : Perris 'tubing

fishmounter
10-14-2011, 03:59 PM
Fished with buddy SirBluegill today at LP for Bluegill/Redear. Water is still warm enough for shorts-no waders needed. I caught lots of fish, mostly the smaller 7 to 9 inchers, but I did catch a couple near the 10 inch mark and a couple 10 inch Redears. Anthony did pretty good throwing a Rapala CD1. Fish are in all depths.
Here's Anthony's largest, probably 10 inches plus, that ate his Rapala:

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m121/fishmounter/AnthonyLP10-14-11.jpg

ordane
10-14-2011, 04:21 PM
Thats a cool lookin fish!

vortec_cruiser
10-14-2011, 06:06 PM
Jeff, it looks like I missed a great day of fishing. Late last night I volunteered to babysit my two grandchildren, in lieu of fishing. There will always be another day to fish...

fishmounter
10-14-2011, 06:18 PM
Yeah Ed, I got there early and took my time unloading, figuring you and Anthony would come driving up any time. I had already caught a couple fish when Anthony caught up to me on the water. We headed up to the "two palms" area for a change and I did pretty good there. It was a very nice day with no wind and some fairly good action. Couple double hook-up and I got a 16 inch bass. Fish stopped biting, like someone turned the "bite switch" to off, at about noon.

TheAsianGuy
10-14-2011, 06:56 PM
Great job out there guys. Looks like that part of the water still hold plenty of gills actions. Great catch on the bass. That 16 may be in the 2 to 3lbs weight class. Must be a joy hauling that puppy on your ultra light gears. Looks like I will be giving it a try tomorrow with the ultra lights myself.

Konacrush
10-14-2011, 07:00 PM
Yeah Ed, I got there early and took my time unloading, figuring you and Anthony would come driving up any time. I had already caught a couple fish when Anthony caught up to me on the water. We headed up to the "two palms" area for a change and I did pretty good there. It was a very nice day with no wind and some fairly good action. Couple double hook-up and I got a 16 inch bass. Fish stopped biting, like someone turned the "bite switch" to off, at about noon.

nice good times hey did you guys happen to find a rod holder for a float tube cause my fell off when i was walking back this was on thursday i have the other half thanks guys

Sublime-Steve
10-14-2011, 08:25 PM
nice fish! you guys always tear it up on the UL gear

fishmounter
10-14-2011, 08:34 PM
Here's my little 16 incher. Quite a fighter on micro light gear! Thought I had my PB Bluegill on!
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m121/fishmounter/LP16LMB.jpg

TheAsianGuy
10-14-2011, 08:38 PM
That's a beauty Jeff. Nice plumbed little guy. You guys are freaking masters at ultra/micro light. Looks like I have to learn to handle these guys with a newer perspectives.

That looks like a 2lbs test line? How long did it take you to land that 16"?

fishmounter
10-14-2011, 08:57 PM
It took quite some time! Ask Anthony. I had to fight him backwards, with my rod over my head so I could kick toward the fish to get some line back without breaking him off.

TheAsianGuy
10-14-2011, 09:06 PM
:LOL: Oh crap. It's going to be a fun day of doing chasing. You two must have a huge amount of laughter during the morning session.