PDA

View Full Version : its 3am

vanillagurilla
10-14-2011, 03:23 AM
its 3am, im 7 beers deep, and im debating on a smoke pt100 or a chronarch 100 or 50 and fishing saturday lol.

smokehound
10-14-2011, 03:25 AM
its 3am, im 7 beers deep, and im debating on a smoke pt100 or a chronarch 100 or 50 and fishing saturday lol.I might be at Tri-City with the family on saturday. Where are you planning on fishing?

vanillagurilla
10-14-2011, 03:29 AM
secret spot, but its salty lol. havent fished FW in months, ive fished tricity since i was 10 though, kinda miss that place. be prepared to catch a bunch of 3" gills, or 5-40lb carp lol.

smokehound
10-14-2011, 03:52 AM
secret spot, but its salty lol. havent fished FW in months, ive fished tricity since i was 10 though, kinda miss that place. be prepared to catch a bunch of 3" gills, or 5-40lb carp lol. I've caught some nice 'gills there. There are quite a few 7-9 inchers scattered about.

Hopefully with this warm weather, A few bass woke up.

tacklejunkie
10-14-2011, 04:30 AM
chrony 50
Mini reels kick ***. FW fish don't run far unless it's a pig.
Can't sleep either. Need to sched. a dentist appointment.. again.

I made the sickest rod for my Chrony 50. I can retire now. lol
May never need another rod. It does 6-12 perfectly and in short space 6' with distance of 7'er
Put 1/4oz bait on and cast the whole 90 yrd spool off.

Combine that with the swim stick and a trout spinner and you set accept a jig stick.

I Still gotta slap together a jig and c-bait stick for my steez.

Did the bass go to sleep already?

vanillagurilla
10-14-2011, 04:41 AM
idk, ive been hunting halis, got a 30in last month, so did my homie. I was thinking about the smoke pt100 because its only 6.2 oz and all aluminum vs the chronarch. I tried to hit you up a few weeks ago about a rod but i already had i built, check it out. Spiral wraped fugi SIc micros with eva split grips and a pacbay minima seat, blank is a st.croix SCIII 8' Med action ExFast 1/4-1oz, let me know what you think bro.
http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc482/vanillagurilla2004/IMAG0094.jpg

tacklejunkie
10-14-2011, 04:49 AM
Siiiiiiiiiiick.
Is that the big hammer stick?

You'll probably cast off 1/4oz too 100yrds.

Halibut don't have anywhere to run either. lol

vanillagurilla
10-14-2011, 05:06 AM
haha, its the go to stick now. casts an lc a mile and the most weight ive put to it has been probly a 1/2oz and a 4in hammer. i got it at 10am on a sunday, that same day i went with a friend to the secret spot, second cast got me a legal Hali lmao, its light, sensitive and ballances well with my tuned curado200e7. I am looking for a lighter reel though, i can always throw the curado on my e21.

Dr. MindBendo
10-14-2011, 10:05 AM
Smoke all the way.

DockRat
10-15-2011, 09:36 PM
I thought you where talking about some medical smoke. LMAO
Google helps the uninformed.
DR

vanillagurilla
10-15-2011, 10:33 PM
I thought you where talking about some medical smoke. LMAO
Google helps the uninformed.
DR

haha no not me, im a beer guy, plus all it does is put me to sleep :/.

ZipperWurm
10-15-2011, 11:32 PM
what brew do you prefer?

tacklejunkie
10-16-2011, 06:32 AM
OG brew :Cool:

DockRat
10-16-2011, 12:14 PM
its 3am, im 7 beers deep

Can't sleep either.

haha no not me, im a beer guy, plus all it does is put me to sleep :/.

The cure for the ones that can't sleep.
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i182/jon4got2/towlie.gifhttp://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q208/droopy714/24_loki.jpg Happy Halloween. http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i108/danzulkanycz/snooki-bonghit.jpg
DR :ROFL:

vanillagurilla
10-16-2011, 08:39 PM
what brew do you prefer?

i dont discriminate but im not a fan of mexican beers, with the exception of dosequis, i love that beer. More favorites are Warstiener, Widmer Heff, Bluemoon and of course budlight and coors light.

Dr. MindBendo
10-18-2011, 08:59 AM
So which reel did you end up going with?

vanillagurilla
10-19-2011, 02:51 AM
So which reel did you end up going with?

havent bought one yet, got a desert trip in 2 weeks that im saving up for but i think im going to go with the smoke 100 or 150. I got to use my friends KVD pt tour and it was sweet, casted as good as my super tuned curado but mine seems a bit more refined even though the KVD was smoother. I think a smoke 150, then after a few trips throw a boca bearing kit in it :), changes all bearings to abec 7 ceramic :D. lol

tacklejunkie
10-22-2011, 02:56 AM
I'm gonna build some more spiral wrapped six footers that cast like 7 footers.
Easy to use them on the bike or fit into sports cars. lol
All I have to do is swing for the moon on the hooksets. (half the fun?)
Next one is a jig stick.
Then a nice stout spinning rod..
after which a fly rod so I can be totally pure with my home tied flies and home made fly rods.
I think I need a bamboo blank I grew at home first. =P
Trying to figure out if I can just extrude some EVA from my rear end of if I have to go chop down some sort of tree to get cork.

I like Micro guides now, but that one company is still selling that one micro guide tip that cuts line and it bugs me because they don't say it will if you don't realize it when you buy it. **** bugs. Carrot stix decided to use that tip top on their entire non inverted no spiral wrapped rod lineup and all their rods cut line now. lololololol

That's the messed up sound I was hearing on that carrot rod.
The tip guide was just slicing through my line and braid!
Cheese. Those guys have no idea what they are doing and they are mass producing things.
I don't know how they are still selling products and staying in business.

My other carrot has some serious guide twist going on from the blank twisting! lol
Too bad I had to spend $400 on their crap to figure it out.

tacklejunkie
10-22-2011, 03:05 AM
The cure for the ones that can't sleep. Happy Halloween. http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i108/danzulkanycz/snooki-bonghit.jpg
DR :ROFL:

Can I take two of her and call you in the morning, Doc?
The tweed ain't workin' but the girl might.
Seriously chicks like that should be what they dispense at the dispensary.

PS I don't think those are open ended percs. =(
Better hope so if it's a roor or you paid too much girl!
PSS get your gas out of my bowl.
Be wise, Vaporize!

Oh yeah I'm awake at 3am again.
This time barfing from dental medication. Yay! tasty.
I didn't know you could barf from 800mg ibuprofen.
Since I took one and barfed 15 minutes later, does than mean I can expect to feel some pain momentarily because I barfed up the pill and have to wait the 8 hours in pain and then take another pill?
Doh.

vanillagurilla
10-22-2011, 03:40 AM
if you barfed it up you dont have to wait, try taking half now and half in 30 mins or an hr. My OG e21 has twisted guides even NEW lol.

tacklejunkie
10-22-2011, 04:35 AM
Dude I needed you yesterday!
Where are you?
I'm telling you, you should be fishing here.
Everywhere else is half as good.