PDA

View Full Version : Kill All Stripers or Not....Another S.W.A.T Jailbird Slayfest Double Limits Easy.

ToadsToadsOnly
10-13-2011, 09:43 PM
To Kill or not to Kill...Hmm????....Well I vote for kill your share release the rest even though everyone says there are tonage of stripers to kill them all. I think it is up to the fisherman to manage his own resources and why kill all the stripers you catch if you are not going to eat them and eveyone has their own opinion who cares if guys keep their limit as long as the fish does not go to waste. With this in mind the three Amigo's set out this past Wednesday on a slay mission not sure which game plan to choose. We opted to go with net shad first thing, troll led core for an hour or so in the A.M and try to fish the slide with the shad like they do on the tuna trips, then go on the bait and wait game to finish our day off. I was extremly stoked for the troll game because the first time I ever fish leadcore was last week and stuck a couple fish. Throughout the week I planned out the areas in my mind I would think the stripers would hold.

Well plans tend to change sometimes I spent about 10 min trying to net shad with no avail and said heck lets get on the troll already we dont need shad the stripers are waiting. Gabriel, Danny, and I got to the intended area set out two lead core rods Danny and I with the lead core Gabriel with a U-Rig since he did not get the chace to pick up leadcore. We put the lines out 2 min later Hook Up!!!!!!! Triple hookup all three of us were bendo all three landed. How awesome is that to get the skuk off within the first couple min we crossed our fingers hoping it was not a fluke. We did a couple more passes through the area hooked a couple LMB the off to spot 2 we continued to plug away at the stripers on the lead core but no more fish on the U-Rig we had numerous double at least 6 of them in honor to what Gary always says...Kill... Kill... Kill ... By noon we were already 20plus fish deep we released all the small one kept the better grade fish. We were thinking dang this is one of our best striper days so far little did we know what we were going to get into.

The troll game started to slow down and we made the call to run to the bait grounds while heading west we see about 15 boats all anchored up in a spot that I have not seen guys doing the bait and wait for stripers before. I cruise through looking at the finder to see it lit up with fish from top to bottom. I look around and noone hooked up we make a couple drops with no biters then head to our slay spot. We roll up to the spot metered around to find my intended area drop the anchor in 212ft put a couple rods down low and a couple flyline a coupe min later Danny goes bendo. Then I go bendo Gabriel goes bendo. It was insane... Hands down the best bait bite i have been in we had double's triples even a quadruple hook up with 3 guys. One boat near us told us he wish he had his HD camera so he could record us and put us on YouTube, He said it was like watching ESPN we smiled and thought what a great compliment. Another one of the guys anchord up close to us pulls up and tells us he was there for 8 hours and has not caught anything we asked him if he wanted some fish so we gave him a hand full. Later on in the day we decided to kill what was needed and release the rest RELEASE!!! RELEASE!!! RELEASE!!! For the next 4 hours we continued to keep a few more of the better grade fish and release all of the rest. We ended up keeping 3 shy of our limits and released more than double that amount. By the end of the day we were all cherry red from the blistering sun but we did not care we had the best striper slay day we ever had. Smiles from ear to ear for the three Amigo's for the day. At the end of the day the only word that could explain how great this bite was was DANG>>>>DANG>>>>>DANG.... Today was a good day...

We took very few pictures due to the fishing being wide open all day.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg264/toadstoadsonly/DVL/PA120013.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg264/toadstoadsonly/DVL/PA120014.jpg

150 Quart Cooler loaded

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg264/toadstoadsonly/DVL/PA120016.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg264/toadstoadsonly/DVL/PA120017.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg264/toadstoadsonly/DVL/PA120019.jpg

Good luck out there guys make sure you bring a few gallons of water it is over 100 degrees out there this week and dont forget to bring sunblock.

Till Next Time

Go Big or Go Home

ToadsToadsOnly

Add my group on Facebook HUNT FOR BIG FISH

Link Below

http://www.facebook.com/groups/114189495339212/

Fishthewhaler
10-14-2011, 01:23 AM
Props to you guys, nice report and hell of a slay...
FTW

dixoncider
10-14-2011, 05:33 AM
sure has been good out there..right place right time for sure..weird how one boat gets bit and the boat 20' away get nothing..? thanks for the report...

TroutOnly
10-14-2011, 08:23 AM
HEY TOADS WERE YOU TROLLING ON THE EAST END OR WEST,THE WEST SIDE HAS BEEN THE BAIT AREA ,AND WHEN THE STRIPER JUNKIES SAY KILL-KILL-KILL ITS A JOKE WE FOLLOW THE SET LIMITS AND FISH,,,,,,,,,,,,so,,,,,,,,I HAVENT BEEN THERE THE SAME TIME AS YOU LATELY,,,,,,,,,,,,,

GdHkSet1
10-14-2011, 10:21 AM
Toads,
Nice outing you guys had out there..congrats on your best striper slay

JAG107
10-14-2011, 06:26 PM
wow you guys are totally dialed on that lake. Way to slay!!! I'm curious what lures were working for you on the leadcore???

itsagooddaytofish
10-14-2011, 07:07 PM
wow im enjoying your catch

karlow
10-14-2011, 08:34 PM
Nice, fing nice work out there guys!
We are up for Sat.
See ya on the water. we can just follow the blood trail!

ToadsToadsOnly
10-14-2011, 10:37 PM
sure has been good out there..right place right time for sure..weird how one boat gets bit and the boat 20' away get nothing..? thanks for the report...

Not to long ago I was the one that was 20ft away getting nothing then I learned how to use a fish finder well at least started learning how. I think I still need to go to a fish finder seminar or something.

HEY TOADS WERE YOU TROLLING ON THE EAST END OR WEST,THE WEST SIDE HAS BEEN THE BAIT AREA ,AND WHEN THE STRIPER JUNKIES SAY KILL-KILL-KILL ITS A JOKE WE FOLLOW THE SET LIMITS AND FISH,,,,,,,,,,,,so,,,,,,,,I HAVENT BEEN THERE THE SAME TIME AS YOU LATELY,,,,,,,,,,,,,

East Side sorry I always mix up the sides. Yea I saw you out there a bit more last year we will see each other out there soon to do a side by side troll slay fest.

Toads,
Nice outing you guys had out there..congrats on your best striper slay

Thanks

wow you guys are totally dialed on that lake. Way to slay!!! I'm curious what lures were working for you on the leadcore???

I wish I were a bit more dialed in I am still learning a lot I just purchased my Bass Tracker last year and still have so much to learn about fishing off a boat let alone DVL. Before I go out I just to my homework and make sure I have a game plan. Before I hit the lake I always try to get the low down from the lake staffers before I head out even if it takes a 20-30 min to wait and ask them a bunch of questions. Sometimes I am the last on the water becasue of that but with info from the workers it is worth wasting 30 min in the AM. I figure who knows the lake better than the lake staffers.

As far as what we were trolling we were trolling 4 in shad pattern streamers.

Nice, fing nice work out there guys!
We are up for Sat.
See ya on the water. we can just follow the blood trail!

Ha Ha good luck out there let the blood keep flowing.