PDA

View Full Version : Seal Beach Pier 10/13/11

Sir.Snags.A.Lot
10-13-2011, 11:45 AM
So went out to Seal beach pier for my first time and was expecting good fishing like everyone else. Pretty hot day and tide was late that night, around 10:30 PM. Threw out a C-Rig with a foot leader on an octopus hook with some mussel. Got a shark right off the bat, 7 inches. After that fishing was slow. Threw out some anchovies and some squid but still nothing. Left an hour after hightide. Any tips? Help? Advice? I could very well just be a bad fisherman of course. :Confused::Confused::Confused:

ordane
10-13-2011, 02:38 PM
So went out to Seal beach pier for my first time and was expecting good fishing like everyone else. Pretty hot day and tide was late that night, around 10:30 PM. Threw out a C-Rig with a foot leader on an octopus hook with some mussel. Got a shark right off the bat, 7 inches. After that fishing was slow. Threw out some anchovies and some squid but still nothing. Left an hour after hightide. Any tips? Help? Advice? I could very well just be a bad fisherman of course. :Confused::Confused::Confused:
I went there a couple weeks back and got the skunk. But there were lots of Sea Lions swimming around and that couldv'e just kept the fish from coming out. Nobody else seemed to be catching anything either.

murrieta angler
10-21-2011, 09:08 AM
Sir,
Try, try and try again.
Read the reports and then head out.
It makes a huge difference.
Robert
<><

Johnnyblaze2009
11-07-2011, 01:39 PM
I was there for the first time on Saturday, did not like the area due to the ship taking guys to and from the oil rigs. That boat would dump so much exhaust smoke into the water it was disgusting (literally the water would change colors)- I caught 2 bat rays and 3 small mackerels but was not impressed with the water contamination. Sorry, my opinion.