PDA

View Full Version : Quail Lake

Poseidon
10-12-2011, 11:34 PM
Anyone know how the fishing is up there? Are the cats and stripers biting? I am debating on weather or not I should stay and fish through the night if I go?

mjc89
10-12-2011, 11:50 PM
I havent been up there in a while. But if your guna fish for catfish its better to fish at night.

Fishthewhaler
10-12-2011, 11:57 PM
I haven't seen a report come out of there for a long time, if ever...IF you go, let us know how it was. The posts are usually a like this one, inquiring minds wanna know!
FTW

Poseidon
10-13-2011, 12:07 AM
IF I go I will give a nice report.
I hope I catch SOMETHING

mjc89
10-13-2011, 12:22 AM
I haven't seen a report come out of there for a long time, if ever...IF you go, let us know how it was. The posts are usually a like this one, inquiring minds wanna know!
FTW

What do you mean there hasnt been any reports of quail lake in a long time? Have you not seen my threads?

reservoir dog
10-13-2011, 12:21 PM
Was there last weekend and heading up there again this Saturday. The cat bite has slowed down but the stripers are boiling.

mjc89
10-13-2011, 08:58 PM
Was there last weekend and heading up there again this Saturday. The cat bite has slowed down but the stripers are boiling.

Are they just boiling or did you catch some.

Poseidon
10-14-2011, 10:27 AM
Is it illegal to fish there during the night, and how should I set up my rods?

rizzo
10-14-2011, 11:32 AM
i think ill be heading to quail & duct this saturday...probably get there around 3pm & fish till sun-up...cats & stripers...never been there before can you guys get us pointed in the right direction?......spots? set-ups? bait/lures?

mjc89
10-14-2011, 06:34 PM
Is it illegal to fish there during the night, and how should I set up my rods?

A lot of people fish there at night so it cant be illegal. Theres a guy that patrols it at night. Ive talked to him and he doesnt say that we cant fish there at night. He actually gives you tips on the fish and tells you where you can park.

mjc89
10-14-2011, 06:40 PM
i think ill be heading to quail & duct this saturday...probably get there around 3pm & fish till sun-up...cats & stripers...never been there before can you guys get us pointed in the right direction?......spots? set-ups? bait/lures?

You can fish anywhere around the lake. You can use any setup you like but i got to warn you that there are strong currents in the lake by where the water comes in. You can use a heavy weight and it will still carry it off to a side. For bait i would take a little bit of everything because you nevaer know what theyll bite. The lake is long and you have to walk a lot. Theres only the one parking area and from there you have to walk to where ever you please. Good luck.

fish-o-haulic
10-14-2011, 07:21 PM
You can fish anywhere around the lake. You can use any setup you like but i got to warn you that there are strong currents in the lake by where the water comes in. You can use a heavy weight and it will still carry it off to a side. For bait i would take a little bit of everything because you nevaer know what theyll bite. The lake is long and you have to walk a lot. Theres only the one parking area and from there you have to walk to where ever you please. Good luck.

Yeeeeeep. hate that walk but just about any spot on the lake is good for fishing, thats the good thing.

mjc89
10-14-2011, 07:30 PM
You can fish anywhere because once it gets dark the kitties come out to play. Just remember to take jackets because it always tends to get chilli come around midnight.

tpfishnfool
10-15-2011, 07:59 AM
Never know what you will get at quail. But I always bring a bike to ride to the other end and be carefull. Parking late night you need to watch your car.. Late night it can get scetchy at that place..

mjc89
10-15-2011, 07:05 PM
Never know what you will get at quail. But I always bring a bike to ride to the other end and be carefull. Parking late night you need to watch your car.. Late night it can get scetchy at that place..

You ride a bike there? Its says as soon as you go in that you cant ride a bike there. Dont leave any valuables out in plain sight.