PDA

View Full Version : Stripers on the Troll Mon 10OCT11

GdHkSet1
10-12-2011, 07:38 PM
Tried repeating what we did the previous weekend. Took my long time fishing bud out for some striper
searching. We expected a tuff day on the water, and it was the first two hours working the main lake
points running deeper than the previous weekend on the DR. Water temp started out at 69f in the am,
with 74f in the afternoon. We finally ran into some fish after a few passes off the SE point. The fish are
always moving, but after the 3rd pass trolling rig #1 off the port side popped up and resulted in a nice
29"inch fishy:
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk51/GdHkSet/DVL10OCT11001.jpg
We saw some of the white fly rippers, but did not chat to see if they were picking off any fish.
We motored around the SW area and picked off a couple more 4 lbrs( 1 @ 100ft!) and called it the
day around 3pm. Our last two fish was around right when the wind started pick up, but we had to get
back early. I beleive the late afternoon troll bite is just as good as the a.m
Double D trying to look busy
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk51/GdHkSet/DVL10OCT11002.jpg

See you on the water sometime.

JAG107
10-12-2011, 09:43 PM
great report! Did their depths change much during the day?

TrouTracker
10-13-2011, 12:20 AM
To Vince- Thanks for the report, looked like it was another nice day on the water. That's the way to mix it up finding those elusive stripers. Good job of nailing them at 100'. You're right, its been a little tough lately with the algae bloom going on, changes in temperature and moon phases. Glad you at least found a few fish.
Barry

GdHkSet1
10-13-2011, 07:46 AM
great report! Did their depths change much during the day?
Jag, up and down the graph from 40' to 140' , but the points seemed to be the place to get your
presentation down to.

To Vince- Thanks for the report, looked like it was another nice day on the water. That's the way to mix it up finding those elusive stripers. Good job of nailing them at 100'. You're right, its been a little tough lately with the algae bloom going on, changes in temperature and moon phases. Glad you at least found a few fish.
Barry
Get out there man!

dixoncider
10-13-2011, 09:05 AM
Nice fish...Thanks for the report...Does the algae foul your jigs?

GdHkSet1
10-13-2011, 09:46 PM
Nice fish...Thanks for the report...Does the algae foul your jigs?
dc,
We went through some thick soup in some places, the line cuts right through it, no fouling of the lures though. No surface action either.